Chapter 68

Kendrick pulled up to Brian's house and parked the car.

"I don't feel comfortable with this..imma be honest, but I get what you wanna do and imma stand by your side 100%. Just don't do something you'll regret or that's hurtful. That's all I'm asking", Kendrick said.

Diamond looked at him for a moment then kissed his lips. "You're mine now. I'm not letting you go this time", Diamond said.

Kendrick nods. "...call me if you need me", he said.

"Okay. I won't take long...I just... I just wanna talk to him and hash things out. I feel like he's just bottling things up and it's causing him to go down the wrong path. I feel like if he talks about it , it'll get better", Diamond said.

"Sounds like a job for a therapist", Kendrick said.

Diamond looks away.

"Go ahead", Kendrick said.

"I- I... ", Diamond stopped talking and sighed. "I'll call you in a few"

"...okay", Kendrick said.

Diamond got out the car and walked to the house. She rang the door bell and Brian opened it. Kendrick watched them as Brian let her in. Brian saw Kendrick in the car and just shut the door.

Kendrick just sat in the car and didn't leave. He didn't trust Brian.

As Diamond put her purse down, Brian began talking.

"Thought you wasn't with that bitch?", he asked as he took the rest of his drink to the head.

"You need to slow down", Aaliyah said.

Brian made a face because the alcohol was strong. "ahh shit", he said.

Diamond sighed. He reminded her of her dad in the moment. But Brian was the mean version.

Diamond walked to him and reached for the bottle.

Brian pushed her arm away.

"You done with anyways", Diamond said.

"Okay. But did I ask you to take anything out of my hand? No", Brian said.

"Brian I get it. You angry at the fact that we are no longer together but you cant do this. You need to be the bigger person", Diamond said.

"At this point, fuck you Diamond. Because you fucked him while we were married, probably pregnant by the bitch and now you with the nigga?", Brian asked.

"You say this as if you didn't cheat?", Diamond said.

"I don't have the time for this arguing shit man. If this is what you came to do then get the fuck out", Brian said.

"I'm not arguing with you Brian", Diamond said. "I'm just stating a fact. Just because I come back with something doesn't mean I'm arguing"

"You are and you always do that shit...that's why I fucking cheated in the first place. She was way better anyways", Brian said.

Diamond slapped him.

Brian clenched his jaw and balled up his fist.

"I came here because you are Ayanna's father and I wanna make sure that you are alright and get you right", Diamond said. "But if you wanna act like a bitch so be it"

Diamond began to walk to the door but stopped. "Oh and by the way, you never pleased me like he did", Diamond said.

"You lucky, I'm seeing double. Or I would've knocked yo ass out", Brian said.

Diamond walked to the kitchen and grabbed all the alcohol and began to walk out but Brian grabbed her arm.

"I don't think you paid for that", he said.

Diamond jerked away and walked outside. when she walked out saw that Kendrick was still outside. She quickly walked to the car and put the drinks in the backseat and got in the passenger seat.

"Go", Diamond said.

"What happened?", Kendrick asked.

"Nothing. Just go", Diamond said.

Kendrick pulled out the driveway and left.

As he was driving, they began talking.

"What's up? You ain't look at me since we left the house", Kendrick said.

"Nothing", Diamond said. "Just the last time I try to help him"

"...what happened?", Kendrick said.

"Nothing... he just said something a little hurtful but I'm alright", Diamond said.

Kendrick was silent.

Diamond looked out the window.

"So, why did you take the drinks?", Kendrick asked.

"...it's the least I can do I guess", Diamond said.

"He drunk?", Kendrick asked.

Diamond nods. "Worst than before", Diamond said.

"...worst than ...you know... ya dad?", Kendrick asked

Diamond looked down. "...it seems like it", Diamond said. "But I don't know. I hope not"

Kendrick looked at the road. "Don't let that blind you iight...don't let that suck you back in because you feel sorry", he said.

Diamond began to tear up. "Just stop talking about it", she said. "It's done"

"Okay", Kendrick said

Diamond wiped her tears.

"...you hungry?", Kendrick asked.

"No", Diamond replied.

"You need to eat", Kendrick said.

"I'm not hungry", Diamond said.

"You want the baby to have malnutrition? You need to eat Diamond and that's that", Kendrick said.

"Okay whatever", Diamond said.

"What did he say?", Kendrick asked.

"Nothing big alright. I said I was done talking about it kendrick", Diamond said.

Kendrick rolled his eyes as he pulled into a restaurant parking lot.

Diamond looked at Kendrick while he wasn't looking at him. Then looked down and looked away.

TO BE CONTINUED...