Chapter 64

The next morning, Diamond woke up to Kendrick holding her. She checked her phone and it was 9:31a.m.

Diamond began to get out the bed but felt Kendrick's grip get tighter.

"No", he said in a sleepy voice with his eyes closed

Diamond turned to him and caressed his cheek. "Why are you holding me hostage?", she asked.

"Because you're so soft", he said

Diamond chuckles.

Kendrick slowly opened his eyes and looked down at her body.

Diamond covers herself up with the comforter. "Don't be looking at my goodies", she said

Kendrick moves the covers off of her.

Diamond chuckles. "Kendrick stop", she said.

Kendrick began kissing her neck.

Diamond started to laugh. "Kendrick", she said as she pushes him away.

Kendrick stops and looks at her. "I want some more", he said.

"How you wake up horny?", Diamond asked.

"Do you see what's in front of me right now?", he asked with a smile.

Diamond smiled a little. "As much as I would love to, I'm hungry", she said.

"Aw man", he said.

Diamond began to kiss him and Kendrick began to kiss her back as he ran his hands through her hair.

Diamond pulled away. "I'll cook breakfast", she said. "Wanna help me?"

"Yea", he said.

Diamond got up and grabbed her robe and put it on.

Kendrick got up and put his underwear on and followed her downstairs.

Diamond got out all the foods that she wanted to cook along with the pots and pans.

"Do you know how to cook boil sausage?", Diamond asked.

"Duh", Kendrick said. "I'm not that bad of a cook"

Diamond chuckles. "I'm just making sure", she said.

"I can cook breakfast. Just the dinner part I'm worried about", he said.

Diamond nods. "Well you can cook next time if you want to", she said.

"Or I can just do it now", he said.

"Okay. The floor is yours", she said as she moved out the way and sat down.

Suddenly she gets a phone call. When she looks at it, it's Brian.

Diamond sighs and answers it. "Yes?"

"Good morning", he said.

"Good morning. Is everything okay with Ayanna?", she asked.

"Yea, she's fine.", Brian said.

"So...why are you calling me?", she asked.

"I dont know. Bored. You were the first person to pop up in my mind", he said.

"Brian I'm trying to cook. I can talk and do that at the same time", she said.

"You used to do it all the time while on the phone with .. ya know... Kelly", Brian said.

"Well, not this morning okay? I wanted some relaxation and that means talking to anybody today. Just...please call me if it's a emergency or Ayanna wants to speak to me", Diamond said.

"...okay", Brian said.

"I'll see you later. Bye", she said.

"Bye", Brian replied.

Diamond hung up.

"Brian?", Kendrick asked as he turned on the stove.

"Yea", Diamond said as she put her phone down. "He...always does that. Since the divorce was in the process of filing and even after that. He knows I'll always answer because Ayanna is with him"

"Do I need to talk to him?", Kendrick asked.

"No. No. I don't wanna make matters worst", Diamond said as she stood up.

"So you will?", he asked as he faced Diamond.

"I just did", she said as she looked up at him.

"Did mention one time that your boyfriend wouldn't like that", Kendrick said. "But I forgot that probably doesn't matter to him and we'll end of going into the same cycle we did almost 9 years ago"

"No. We will not do that", Diamond said.

"You too soft on this guy", Kendrick said with a little frustration.

"Do you not remember what he used to do to me?", she asked.

"I don't care. He shouldn't be touching you this time because if he does, I'll handle it wether you like it or not", Kendrick said.

"Kendrick you aren't the aggressive type", Diamond said.

"Because I never had to be. But if he wanna do anything to hurt you, I will defend you", Kendrick said.

"No. You have a license to keep. I don't want you to loose your job", Diamond said

"I rather protect you and make sure you got the best", he said.

Diamond looks down. "I doubt he'll touch me.. I guess Im just scared", Diamond said. "And I will tell him about you when I'm ready. I don't feel like him being in my business"

Kendrick rolls her eyes as he faces the stove. "Alright, Diamond", he said.

Diamond looked at him for a moment then walked to the table. Before she sat down, she looked at Kendrick. She could tell her was getting upset.

"Yes, Diamond?", he asked without looking at her because he felt her staring at him.

"Nothing", Diamond replied quietly.

Kendrick looked at her and put the stove eye on low. "Im just pissed off iight. Just to think about the past and the shit he doing now and you won't even tell him we're dating?". He walked to her and diamond backed up a little.

Kendrick stops.

Diamond started tearing up.

Kendrick made a face. "Diamond, what's wrong?", he asked as he moved his arm toward her.

Diamond closed her eyes and moved her face.

"Diamond I'm not going to hit you", he said as he touched her cheeks. "Calm down", he said as he wiped her tears.

Diamond grabbed his hands and held them there as she closed her eyes and sniffed. "I'm sorry", she said.

Kendrick didn't say anything. He just looked at her. He didn't realize she was that traumatized. She never seen this side of her.

"I have to use the bathroom. Excuse me", she said as she let go of his hands and walked out the Kendrick.

Kendrick stops there for a moment to tell then he walked back to the food.

TO BE CONTINUED...