Chapter 71

That night Diamond was watching a movie eating ice cream while Kendrick was in the kitchen.

"Kendrick you're missing the good part", Diamond said

Kendrick came out the kitchen and sat down next to her.

"Where's your drink?", she asked.

"Wanted some water but you didn't have any", he said.

"I got some juicy juicy", Diamond said jokingly,

Kendrick chuckles. "No. I don't want Ayanna to kill me", he said.

Diamond smiled.

Kendrick put his arm around her and Diamond laid her head on his shoulder.

"I know I keep bringing this up and I'm sorry but... how long have you known that, that nurse was interested in you?", Diamond asked.

"Couple weeks after working with her", Kendrick said. "She asked me out yesterday and that's how I knew for sure"

Diamond was quiet for a moment. "She seems so nice and happy", she said.

"Yea", Kendrick said.

Diamond sat up and looked him. "Unlike me", Diamond said.

"Diamond you need to stop. Seriously", Kendrick said.

Diamond looked down.

"Don't let your past dedication your future", He said.

"Sorry", Diamond said.

Kendrick looked at the T.V.

"You have a babygirl to show how strong she should be...how strong you are", he said.

Diamond looked at him. "...well hopefully you can show my babygirl how a man is supposed to treat a woman"

Kendrick looked at her and nodded.

Diamond smiled a little and looked at the T.V.

———————————————————

6 months later, Diamond was in a hospital bed giving birth. Kendrick was in the room with Diamond holding her hand. She didn't get any epidural so she was in massive pain.

The doctor finally came up with the baby in his had.

"Would you like to do the honors of cutting the umbilical cord?", the doctor asked Kendrick.

"Of course", Kendrick said as he cut it.

The doctor gave the baby to the nurse and she wrapped her up in a blanket and gave her to Diamond.

Diamond held the baby. "Girl you gave me so much pain just now", Diamond said.

Kendrick chuckled.

"She's so precious", Diamond said.

"She is", Kendrick said starring at the baby. He didn't wanna get his hopes up for the second time of a kid not being his but this time was difficult. As he looked that the baby, everything in his heart was telling him that she was his.

Diamond looked at Kendrick and he looked sad. She looked at the nurse. "Don't mean to sound fast or anything but...can I get a DNA test. Him and the baby?", Diamond asked.

"Sure", the nurse said. "I'll be right back"

Diamond looked at Kendrick. "You okay?", she asked.

"Great", he said as he faked smile. "Vanessa is here with Ayanna"

"Good", Diamond said. "She gets to meet her sister"