Chapter 21

Diamond finally clocked out for the night around 11:30p.m. She noticed a message from Brian.

MESSAGE
Brian: I met your boyfriend. Yea, he's great👌🏾

Diamond read the message and texted him back.

MESSAGE
Diamond; he's not my boyfriend and what even happened?

A few minutes later after Diamond got into the car. Brian texts her back.

MESSAGE:
Brian: can I call?

Diamond starts her car and connects it to the car. She calls Brian and he answers.

"Hey, how was work", he said.

Every time Diamond heard his voice over the phone it sounded so soothing.

"It was good. Don't think I'll be working there for long but it was okay", Diamond said.

Brian chuckles.

"But how did you even see him today?", Diamond asked.

"Well I know Dante and Dante asked me to play basketball with a few of his friends so I went. Kendrick showed up and I should've known they on the same team", Brian said.

"Yea and best friend", Diamond said.

"Guess I know that now", Brian said.

"Kendrick called me today and he was a little upset. Did anything happen? I mean like what did you tell him because he said I was telling our business", Diamond said.

"I mean I'm sure you probably didn't tell me everything but you did tell me things that he done", Brian said.

"Yea but why did you have to bring that up?", Diamond asked. "Brian listen, I told you your a good guy.. well from what I see so far but at the moment me and Kendrick are working through things"

"I know Diamond and I'm sorry. I only said it because he was starting with me and then he put his hands on me", Brian said.

"How could he start with you when he doesn't know you?", Diamond asked.

"I don't know. When I said my name he made a face", Brian said. "Like it was familiar"

"Oh yea.. he saw you calling me the other day", Diamond said.

"Well I guess that's how", Brian said. "And I did tell him that we just friends. Will he listen? Nah. But I did tell him that"

"I just don't understand. Kendrick does seem like the guy to get like that. He usually so laid back and silly", she said.

"Guess the right girl will make you do stuff you ain't used to doing", he said. "I'm telling you Diamond, I know I don't know you as much but as we talk, I can tell you a special time of person. He used to the girls that'll stick around no matter what he do so he's going to continue to break your heart regardless"

Diamond didn't say anything she just looked at the road as she drove. What he said made sense, she kind of started to believe it but then again it was another part of her telling her not to listen to him and give Kendrick this second chance.

"I'm not saying to date me. I'm fine with being friends because I don't really have nobody I can talk to on a serious level like I do with you", Brian said. "I just don't wanna see you go down a path where you think you shouldn't be with anybody because of one dumb guy"

"I really appreciate your advice Brian and what you're saying could possibly be true but...I feel like things will be better this time. Kendrick might be or have been that big headed guy that gets all the girls but...now I feel like things are different", she said.