CHAPTER 43

The next morning Diamond woke up and of course Ayanna was up before her. Diamond fixed her and Ayanna some breakfast and they eat. After breakfast Ayanna watched her cartoon as Diamond did laundry.

Suddenly it was a knock at the door and Diamond walked to answer it. It was Kelly.

"You got some nerve", Diamond said.

"Diamond we need to talk already", she said.

"Hey Aunt Kelly", Ayanna yelled.

"Hey baby", Kelly said.

Diamond walked outside. "Ayanna you stay right there. Do NOT move", she said.

Ayanna nods.

Diamond shut the door. "Don't talk to my daughter and you damn sure don't need to me talking to me", Diamond said.

"Diamond I know it's been a week or so since we last talked but I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry and you were like the realest friend I had", Kelly said. "I didnt mean for what happened between me and Brian to happen"

"How many times", Diamond asked.

"Just once", Kelly said. "He came to me talking about how he felt like he wasn't enough for you.. he wanted advice"

"So your advice is sleeping with him??", Diamond asked.

Kelly sighed. "No. He started it", Kelly said.

"And you finished", she asked.

"No I ended", Kelly said. "I mean I know this doesn't matter but once I came to my senses I stopped him"

"Yea it doesn't matter", Diamond said.

Kelly looks down.

"You of all people, one out two people that I thought had my back? Did not", Diamond said.

"Diamond like I said I love you like my sister and I am like sooo so so sorry", Kelly said.

"Well the difference between me and a blood sister.. I don't have to talk to you or see you ever again and thats what I'm going to do", Diamond said. "Stay away from house, me, and my daughter. Especially my daughter"

Kelly looked down.

Diamond went into the house and shut the door.

"Mommy?", Ayanna asked.

"Yes honey?", Diamond said.

"Where's daddy?", Ayanna asked.

"...daddy isn't here?", Diamond said.

"Where is he", she asked again.

"Why?", Diamond asked.

"Cause I wanna play airplane", she said.

"You can play airplane with me", Diamond said.

"No daddy holds me up higher", Ayanna said.

Diamond was quiet. "Do you want me to call daddy?", Diamond asked.

Ayanna nods.

Diamond gets her phone and calls Brian.

————————————————

About an hour later, Brian comes to the house he talks to and plays with Ayanna for a little while until Ayanna laid down for her nap.

Brian comes downstairs from tucking her in.

"I'm surprised you're not in uniform", Diamond said.

"I'm surprised you're even starting a conversation", he said with a smile. "But um I'm off actually"