Chapter 74

A couple weeks later, Kendrick was watching Alyssa and Ayanna one weekend while Diamond was at work. Kendrick and Ayanna's relationship has been getting a whole lot better and Kendrick was happy about that.

"So, Ayanna I'm going to ask you a question. You can't tell mommy, Vanessa, your dad, and not even Alyssa", Kendrick said. "Can you do that?"

"Hmm", she said as she began thinking.

Kendrick goes into his pocket and pulls out his wallet and takes out two dollars and hands it to Ayanna.

"Yes I can", she said as she took the money with a smile.

"Okay... so I love your mom to death and she means a lot to me. So do you and Alyssa. But since mommy loves you even more, I thought that I should ask you if I could marry your mommy", Kendrick said. "Because I know that you're decision matters most to her"

"Marry?", Ayanna asked.

"Yes. Instead of girlfriend and boyfriend, we'll be husband and wife", he said.

Ayanna was quiet for a moment. "I don't know", she said.

"...well, think about it okay?", he said with a smile.

"Okay", Ayanna replied.

"But no telling mommy, Vanessa or your dad", he said. "Not yet"

"Okay Ken", she said.

——————————————

While Diamond was at work, she got a call from Brian for the 10 time so she decided to go away from her work station and answer it.

"Brian, I am at work. This better be good", Diamond said before she answered the phone.

"Did you get the results back yet. It's been like 3 weeks", he said. "Almost 4"

"Yes I got it back and fortunately it matched Kendrick", she said.

"I don't believe that shit..and fortunately? What is that supposed to mean?", he asked.

"Meaning I don't need you in my life anymore than you already are. I don't need you in my ear about another child and how I don't do the right things as a mother when I know I do", she said.

"Well shit I wouldn't say it if you do right", he said.

"You're the one who's unstable", Diamond said.

"Last time I checked didn't you have depression?", he asked.

"How would you know that?", Diamond asked.

"My baby listens", he said.

Diamond sighs. "I'm getting better", she said.

"What that dude you ran to no good?", he asked.

"That dude? Brian you're the one who got me to this point", Diamond said.

"I didn't do shit but love you", Brian said.

"Brian, I'm at work. I don't need to be arguing with you right now about old shit", she said. "Goodbye"

Diamond hung up and put her phone in her pocket. As she began to turn the corner she almost bumped into one of her co workers.

"Oh I'm so sorry, Andrew", she said.

Andrew was a male nurse that worked with Diamond at the hospital.

"You're fine, Miss Diamond", he said. "It is Miss, not Mrs. right? Cause from the phone call, you sound like you got about 10 years of marriage on ya hands. Not that I was tryna listen"

Diamond chuckled. "More like a ex husband on my hands", she said.

Andrew nods. "Oh. But of course what you guys were talking about was none of my business. I was just heading to the supply room", he said.

"Okay", Diamond said. "I need to get back to work"

"Alright", he said.

Diamond walked away and Andrew looked back at her then made his way to the supply room.

—————————————————

Later that evening, Diamond got back to her place and went she walked into the apartment. She saw a mess.

"Oh my gosh", she said to herself.

Kendrick came from the rooms. "I'm about to clean that up now", he said.

"What the fuck is all this shit around my house?", Diamond asked.

"Me and Ayanna we playing our version of war zone", Kendrick said.

"With silly string!?", Diamond asked.

Suddenly, somebody knocks on the door.

"I got that", Kendrick said as he jogged to the door but tripped over a chair that was laying on the floor. He caught his fall and stood up. "Imma get the door", he said as he walked past Diamond.

"Mhm", Diamond said.

Kendrick opened the door and it was his maid.

"Hey, Tish", he said as he let her in.

"No, Kendrick. You need to clean this yourself", Diamond said. "Tish should be resting it's late"

Kendrick stopped looking at Diamond and looked at Tish. "I guess the queen has spoken", he said. "I'll give you gas money"

Kendrick walked to the kitchen table to get his wallet.

"How have you been?", Diamond asked.

"I've been good", Tish replied as she looked at Diamond hands.

Diamond looked down then back at Tish. "What?", he asked.

"Nothing",Tish replied with a smile.

Kendrick walked back over to Tish and handed her a twenty dollar bills.

"Thank you, Kendrick", Tish said. "You two have a lovely night"

"You too", Diamond said with a smile.

"See you tomorrow", Kendrick said.

Tish left and Kendrick shut the door.

"Clean this shit up", Diamond said.

"What's wrong with you?", Kendrick asked.

"Look at my fucking living room!", Diamond shouted.

"Bae, we were just having some fun. It's not that big of a deal. You can pick the stuff right up", Kendrick said.

Diamond sighed and took off her jacket.

"...Something happen at work?", he asked.

"No", she said.

"Well you seem tense", Kendrick said.

"My apartment", Diamond said as she pointed at the mess.

"Lets be real, this is the worst thing that I've done", he said. "It's more than just this"

"....Brian just makes me sick that's all", she said.

"He was up here ?", Kendrick asked.

"Called me", she said.

"Oooh you finally told him?", Kendrick asked.

"Yes and he don't believe it so...he has a lot to say", Diamond said.

"Well, That's Brian for you", Kendrick said.

"But I don't care", Diamond said. "I'm tired. I had a long day"

"Well, you get your rest and I'll clean up", Kendrick said.

Diamond nods.

Kendrick kisses her forehead. "Goodnight", he said.

"Night", she replied as she walked to her room.

Kendrick looked around at the mess and sighed before he started cleaning up.

TO BE CONTINUED....