Chapter 78

It's been four months since Brian found out that he did have cancer but with treatment, it would go away because it didn't spread. So, he began getting treatment. Kendrick and Diamond are doing good like before but their relationship has gotten better. Tonight, Brian had Ayanna while Kendrick's mom watched Alyssa because Diamond and Kendrick went out for dinner.

"So you took me to one of the most expensive spots in town", she said before she sipped her wine. "What did you get yourself in now?", she asked with a smile.

Kendrick chuckles a little. "I didn't get myself into anything baby. I can't take my beautiful queen to dinner?", he asked.

"You can", she said. "But...I don't know I think you're up to something"

"Diamond listen just eat and let's soak in the peace and quietness without kids while we can", he said.

Diamond smiles. "You got that right", she said as she began eating.

Kendrick admired her as she ate. She wasn't looking up so she didn't know he was looking at her. She finally looked at him once she felt him looking at her and put her silverware down.

"Kendrick", she said. "Something is wrong and I know it"

Kendrick laughed. "Okay, okay.. something is wrong", he said.

"What?", she said as she stopped smiling.

"You're such a beautiful and amazing woman and mother but yet I can't list wife in that sentence", he said.

Diamond got quiet as she looked at the table.

"In college I was a fool to not treat you how you should've been treated, but now I've manned up and I wanna be the best man for you as possible....the best husband for as possible", he said as he got out the chair and got on one knee.

Diamond looked down at him and then looked around and some people were looking. She looked back at him as he began talking.

"Diamond Wilson, will you marry me?", he asked as he showed her the ring.

Diamond looked up and tried not to cry. "I worked really hard on this makeup Kendrick", she said.

Kendrick chuckles.

"Yes, I'll marry you", she said.

Kendrick put the ring on her finger and everybody began clapping. Diamond began kissing him as he was on his knee then pulled away still touching his cheeks.

"I love you", she said.

"I love you too", he replied.

Diamond kissed him one last time and Kendrick got off his knee and sat down in the chair.

————————————-

After dinner, they went to their house. Diamond decided to move in with Kendrick that way Alyssa could have her own room.

"Are you sure your mom is fine with Alyssa staying the night?", Diamond asked.

"Yea", Kendrick said as he took her jacket off.

"I know she can be a handful", Diamond said.

"And I know that my mom is a pro and can handle anything", Kendrick said before he began kissing Diamond's neck.

"Seems to me as if you're tryna make another one", she said with smirk.

Kendrick smirked. "Nah but you can come upstairs", he said as he backed up toward the stairs.

Diamond turned around and looked at him and smiled. Kendrick winked at her and she followed him upstairs.

————————————————