Chapter 3

DIAMOND POV.

A week later Kendrick and I finally meet up to get a start on the project.

"Why are we starting so early ??", Kendrick asked.

"Because, I have a busy schedule", I say.

Kendrick nods. "What makes it so busy?", he asked me.

"Well.. I'm a nursing student for one and I have a job and I also started the dance team", I say.

"So you gone be preforming at the games", he asked.

"Yes... and I hate to cut the chat short but we're not at a get together. We're doing a project", I say.

"Mmm", Kendrick said.

"What?", I asked.

"Nothing.. I just... thought that little attitude thing you gave me was sexy", he say.

I didn't say anything. I just start looking at my material. "This project shouldn't take long to do", I say.

He smirks at the fact that I changed the subject.

I glance at him then back at my work.

"So.. before you said you wouldn't fuck with me cause I got too many females around. Is that right?", he asked.

"Yes", I say.

"What about friends? You pretty cool", he says.

I was silent for a moment. "We can be ... cordial", I say.

"Mmm... okay. Long as we cool, I'm cool", he says.

I nod. "Well... we gotta be in order to get this project done so let's get to it", I say.

———————

After me and Kendrick got done with some of our project we went and got some slushees.

"That'll be 2.76", the cashier said.

"Let me add a blueberry slush", Kendrick said.

I look at him and raise my eye brow.

He looks at me and says, "What? I'm paying", he said.

"No because next thing you gone do is want something in return", I said.

"Nah.. ", he said. "Just being nice. Not that type of dude"

I nod.

"5.24", she said.

Kendrick hands her six dollars. "Keep the change", he said.

"here are your slushees", one of the workers said handing us two slushees.

"Thanks", I say as I grab mine and sip on it.

We begin to walk out the door and start talking.

"Maybe next time I can buy you something to eat", he says.

I stop walking and look at him. "You've seen me around for like 2 years now. We never talked. Why now?", I ask.

He shrugs his shoulders. "Never thought you was interested", he said.

"So you think I'm interested now??", I ask.

"I ain't say that... what I'm tryna say is. These past two years I thought you was cute, but you never looked my way. So I thought, why try?", he said. "But my parents always told me, if you don't try then you'll never succeed. If I'm still interested now like I was before, then why not try".

I didn't say anything. I just stood there.

"Like I said before.. a lot of girls just see money. They see a guy at the chance of being in the NBA. but you? You see a regular guy", he said. "Besides... you can't say I ain't cute", he said with a smile.