Chapter 77

It's been a couple weeks since Brian showed up and Diamond noticed Kendrick has been a lot more distant. Not distant with Alyssa and Ayanna but more so with Diamond.

That night, Kendrick came to Diamond's house to drop Alyssa off. She was at his mom's house for a couple of days.

"When was the last time she was fed?", Diamond asked.

"Call my mom and ask her", Kendrick said as he put Alyssa's bag down.

Diamond looked at him for moment as he wasn't looking at her then bend down to pick Alyssa up.

"Mommy missed you", Diamond said to Alyssa as she sat down with her.

"I'm about to go. I got work in the morning", Kendrick said with a sigh.

Diamond looked at Kendrick. "Kendrick we need to talk", she said.

"About what?", Kendrick asked.

"About your...attitude", Diamond said.

"I don't have an attitude. I'm cool", he said.

"Kendrick I'm not stupid", she said.

"Diamond I'm fine", Kendrick said.

"You keep saying you're fine but what about us?", Diamond asked.

Kendrick shrugged his shoulders. "Should there be a problem with us?", he asked.

"Kendrick don't be sarcastic", Diamond said.

"I'm just asking", Kendrick replied.

Diamond rolled her eyes.

"We good", Kendrick said.

"...then why haven't you popped the question?", Diamond asked.

Kendrick makes a face. "What question?", he asked.

"Ayanna told me. She can't keep secrets", she said.

Kendrick looks to the side.

"If this is about Brian, I keep telling you it's nothing going on between us", Diamond explained.

"How am I supposed to know that when I come in the house and he all up in your face", Kendrick said.

"I was crying Kendrick", Diamond said.

"So? He didn't have to be that close to you", he said.

Diamond sighed.

Kendrick shook his head. "Every part of me wants to believe you but...I believed you once and I ended up alone",he said.

Diamond looked down. "Kendrick nothing happened", she said. "Nothing is ever going to happen"

Kendrick sighed and sat on the arm rest of the couch. "I love you diamond. I really do but...I don't know...I don't know if it's trust or insecurity and until I found out what it is and get through I can't marry you", he said.