Chapter 1

DIAMOND P.O.V.

I walk into my dad's house to see him laid out on the couch sleeping. I walk to him and kiss his forehead and rub his head as I look at him.

"God please keep watching over my daddy", I say out loud.

My dad wakes up and looks at me.

"Oh.. hey princess. Stop sneaking up on me", he said as he got up and held his head. He could barely open his eyes because of how bright the house was. "Can you turn the sun down in here?", he asked.

I chuckle. "No, but I can close the blinds", I say walking to the window. "You know... it would be a good time for therapy dad", I say as I close the curtains.

"Therapy?", my dad asked with doubt. "So they can tell me something I know?"

"... I just don't wanna lose you dad that's all", I say. "You're all I have left"

My dad grabs a drink. "And imma be here.", he said.

I just looked at him as he drank his life away and I hated it. He used to be so active and lively. Now he's dull and depressed.

I get up and grab my purse. "I just came to check on you. Couldn't get you on my cell... I have to go", I say as I walk to the door. "See you later. Be good for me please"

My dad falls on the couch and puts his thumb up.

I shake my head and leave.

"That man is something else", I say to myself.

—————

After seeing my dad I decided to do the one thing that gets my mind off of my personal problems. Going to the library and studying. Nursing school was no joke. It was like a full-time job. If you aren't dedicated to becoming a nurse, you might as well not even try.

As I read through the chapters of my med surg book, I sense somebody sit at the same table as me. I look up and I see Kennedy looking at me with a smirk. I removed my headphones and look at her.

"Are we just going to have a staring contest or are you going to say something honey?", I ask.

Kennedy rolls her eyes. "Listen, I don't know what's going on between you and Kendrick but it gotta stop sweetie", she said.

"Excuse me?", I say with a confused look.

"You heard me", she said with her arms folded.

"Please.. go about your business. I don't want that Boy, I never even talked to that boy", I say.

"Mmm", Kennedy said. "Just don't let me catch yall eyeballing each other again"

I put my headphone back on and she walks away.

I never understood how a girl who doesn't even get claimed be so bold like that.

I shake my head and continue studying.

———————

Later that night, I look in the mirror as I put on my makeup before I start work for the night.

"Hey crystal", Kelly says to me.

"Hey Rapunzel", I said to her.

Kelly is mainly the only girl I talk to in the club. Her stage name is Rapunzel. She welcomed me with opened arms. She is kinda like my big sister here. I know I said I don't have any close friends but I'm slowly opening up to her.

I put on my eye mask.

"Girl if you don't stop wearing that", she said.

"Girl I got to. Can't let nobody from school notice me", I say. "Most of these niggas be a little drunk so I got a better chance with this"

"If you say so hun", she said. "You ready to go out there"

"Yea, I got the floor tonight", I say with an eye roll. "Gotta let all this niggas touch me and shit"

"Long as they got the money, honey", Kelly says.

I chuckle and say, "exactly".

—————

30 minutes later I was twerking on some guy who had some cash for days until I get approached by some boy. He looks familiar but I see some of the same guys here weekly.

"Ay, it's my boy's birthday. I was wondering if you could gift him with your beautifulness", he said as he looked me up and down.

"You got the money?", I asked.

"Of course", he said as he handed me a stack of bills.

I count it. "Where he at?", I ask.

"This way", he says.

I follow him until we meet his friend, who so happens to be Kendrick.

Kendrick looks me up and down. "Bro I said you ain't have to", he said.

"Bruh, if you turn her down. I'll happily take your spot", the friend said.

"Nah Nah. No need", Kendrick said.

I grab his hand and I pull him to my private section. He sits down and licks his lips.

I turn to him and I start giving him a lap dance.

As he was admiring my body he kept glancing at my face. I tried my hardest not to make eye contact.

"Why don't you take off your mask?", he asks.

I didn't say anything. I just kept dating.

He touches my waist and I slap his hands and give him a death stare.

Kendrick smirked. "My bad", he said.

I hate when guys feel like they can have the need to touch me.

After that I gave him 10 minutes of private dancing, I stopped.

"Done already?", he asked.

"Yes", I said.

He got up and looked me up and down. "Ya know... you seem familiar", he said.

I didn't say anything, I just look down. "Never seen ya", I said.

He didn't say anything. He just looked at me one last time and walked out.

I sigh because I felt like he knew who I was. I took off my mask and sat down and relaxed before I went back to dancing on the floor again.