Chapter 17

About two weeks later Diamond started her new job as a waitress. She has heard from Kendrick since he left her house. And as far as brain they have talk two more times in the past two weeks. Diamond doesn't plan on dating him and she told him that. She just believes he can be good friend and a nice person to talk to.

Diamond puts the meals on the table. "Is there anything else I can get you guys", she asked.

"No I think that's all", the lady said.

Diamond nods and walks to the next day without looking she was getting out her pen and notepad. "Hey I'm Diamond can I get you guys started on something to drink?", she asked as she looked up and saw Kendrick and Kennedy.

Kendrick looks at her.

"I suppose a Spirit and what can I get you", she said as she looked at Kennedy.

"Lemonade", she said. "But hey"

"Hello", Diamond said. "I'll be back with your drinks"

Diamond walked away.

Kennedy looks at Kendrick.

"That was awkward", Kennedy said.

"Awkward?", Kendrick asked. "Ain't like me and you together. We just here together because you thought you were having contractions and didn't"

"She don't know that", Kennedy replied.

Kendrick shrugs his shoulders. "She probably talking to somebody anyway", he said.

Kennedy was silent for a moment. "....have y'all talked since the argument?", she asked.

"No", he said.

"Well.. maybe you should. Today at the hospital I could tell your mind was on something else but now I know... you should talk to her"

Kendrick made a face. It was different heading that from Kennedy.

"What?", she asked. "I care about people's feelings sometimes"

Diamond comes back with the drinks. "You guys ready to order?", she asked.

"I'm not", Kendrick said.

"Well I'll be back to get your orders", she said before she walked away.

Diamond did everything she could to keep her composure. She couldn't believe they were on a date. I mean she would've felt better if it was anybody but Kennedy.

Diamond walked to her other tables to check on everybody. She began to walk to the register to print off a receipt but bumped into Kendrick on his way to the bathroom.

"Sorry", she said.

"I'm surprised you being so nice", he said. "Who's the guy"

"Who said it was a guy", she said. "I just wanna make sure I get my tip"

"Come on I saw that picture of you looking all cute at a restaurant", he said.

"What picture?", she asked.

"Literally the next day after we broke", he said.

"When I was with Kelly?", she asked.

Kendrick was silent.

"Listen unlike you I don't just hope into another relationship just like that", Diamond said. "But then again, you never liked me like that anyways"

"You're the one who said you made the wrong decision choosing me", Kendrick said.

"You're the one who made our relationship a lie this whole time", Diamond said. "You said it yourself. You didn't really want me, it was all a lie"

"I said that because you just had to hurt my feelings by saying the thing about the abortion and how you glad you got it. I just wanted you to feel how I felt, I didn't mean it and then at that the same night you go and kiss my homeboy?", he said.

"Why do you care? You don't like me", she said. "I was a bet remember"

"I don't like you? Diamond I love you", he said.

Diamond's eyes got wide.

Kendrick stops himself and looks to the side like did he just say that.

Diamond looks down then to the side. "I have to get back to work", she said.

Kendrick didn't say anything.

Diamond walked away.

Kendrick watches her.

He didn't mean to say it, it just came out his mouth. It was in the moment, but it was true. He did love her and he's been thinking about her ever since they broke up. It was actually the worst pain he felt before when he came to relationships.

Kendrick walks to the table. "Let's go", he said.

"What happened?", she asked.

"Let's go", Kendrick said as he put a twenty on the table.

"We didn't even drink anything", she said.

"...tip", he said.

Kennedy got up from the table. "Guess the little run in didn't go good", she said.

Kendrick sighed and walked out.

Kennedy followed him.

They got outside and got into the car.

"Hey, Kendrick. I get it. You liked her...I mean at first I thought she was just a little fling but after a while I could tell that you really liked her. You stopped going out all the time and it was like she was your partner in crime. With you all the time", she said. "But...unfortunately you guys had an argument and bad it seems like to for her to act like she didn't know you."

"Yea..an argument that of what I said, I don't even know if I'll get her back", he said.

"You can only do that if you try again and stop being stubborn", Kennedy said.

"I'm not being stubborn. I just know when I fucked up and I know when to stop", he said.

"Or you just don't know where to start", Kennedy said.

Kendrick starts the car.

"But of course, there are many people out there that you can start something special with, not just here", Kennedy said.

"Kennedy, you right about all that or whatever but...I don't know", Kendrick said. "I don't know what to do"

"Just...do what your heart is telling you to do. Cause right now it seems to me that your heart and mind are fighting right now", she said.

Kendrick pauses and thinks for a moment then he starts to drive.

"Ya know...since when did you become this..therapist", he asked.

"Since I looked back at all the things I've done..including having this baby the wrong way..and I'm about to be a mom and I should start setting an example", she said.

"Yes the wrong way", Kendrick relies. "But...I'll love him either other way because he's mine"

Kennedy looks down.

———————————————

Later that day, Diamond got off of work and went home. She sat down and rubbed her feet because they were killing her. She hadn't checked her phone since she got off, so she decided to then. It was message from Kendrick. She decided not to open it and tossed her phone to the side. She laid on the couch and watched T.V. until she fell asleep.

TO BE CONTINUED....