Chapter 34

It's been 8 years and Diamond is working as a full time nurse for 8 years. She works in the ER and although things get hectic, she enjoys it.

Diamond was at the nursing station and on the computer doing things work related.

"And this is Diamond, the best trauma RN we got.", her supervisor said. "But that's just between us"

Diamond smiled before she looked up. She knew they were getting a new doctor in so she was expecting him. Diamond looked up and it's was Kendrick, a person she wasn't expecting.

"Diamond this is Doctor Kendrick Mills, our new trauma surgeon", he said.

"Um yes, I actually went to school with him", Diamond said.

"Oh that's great, so you wouldn't mind getting him caught up in the routine of things. I have to go check on our newbies", she said.

"Um.. no I don't mind", Diamond said

"Okay great. Just show him where things are for me", she said.

"Will do", diamond said as she got up.

"Long time no see", kendrick said as the supervisor walked away.

"How you been?", Diamond said as she started walking.

"I've been good", he said.

"How's Javonte? He's like 8 now?", Diamond asked.

"Yea about to be 9 in a few months", Kendrick said.

"That's great", Diamond said. "Just give me a second I have to check on one of my patients"

"Okay", he said.

As Diamond twisted the door knob Kendrick saw a diamond ring on her wedding finger. Kendrick began to think.

Diamond went into the room and shut the door and came back out about 5 minutes later.

"Okay, so you ready to be shown around", Diamond asked.

"Yea", Kendrick said.

Diamond walked down the hall. "This is the break room and the only place that I suggest that you eat. You can go downstairs to the gym. I personally go before my shifts, it's free of course. And let's see I'm not sure where your office will be", Diamond said as she looked at her watch.

"Yea I already know where my office is at", Kendrick said.

"And don't be one of the dick doctor that thinks they know it all", Diamond said.

"I won't.. especially not to you, I don't need your husband getting mad", he said.

Diamond touches her ring and looks down.

"Come on Diamond it's alright I'm happy for you. It's not like you're suppose to be single forever", he said. "Who's the lucky guy"

Diamond looked passed Kendrick and saw Brian. He was dressed in his police uniform because he was about to start his shift after he brought Diamond her lunch and he didn't see so he started talking to her co worker.

Kendrick looked back.

"Him", she said.

"Yea...should've known", he said said as he looked at her.

Brian gave the co worker the food and left.

The co worker came walking up to go to the break room but saw Diamond. "Hey girl. Your hubby brought your food. I didn't even see you here", she said as she handed Diamond the food.

"Thanks", she said as she went to the fridge and put it in the there.

The coworker looked at Kendrick. "You must be the new surgeon. I'm Mariah", she said.