Chapter 31

The next day was Saturday and Kelly took Diamond our to the spa to get her mind off things.

"You know I almost thought that my mind would be off things but this peacefulness is not helping", Diamond said.

"Sorry" , Kelly said.

"It's okay", she said.

"Listen. You're about to go on break so when you guys come back all that would be over. I mean they'll still know but the guys won't be making jokes", she said.

"Yea", Diamond as she felt her phone vibrate. She went into her pocket and got her phone or to read the message.

MESSAGE:
Brian: how you feeling?

"Who's that? Kendrick?", Kelly asked.

"No, Brian", Diamond said.

"Oh", Kelly replied.

"Out of everybody that had gotten close to me recently, other than you, I would've thought that Kendrick would be the one making me feel better about all this.. not Brian", Diamond said.

"You also have to think about it. Kendrick doesn't know how to be a boyfriend. He never did", Kelly said.

"That's not the point. He said he loved me and you don't turn your back on somebody you love and that's what he did", she said.

Kelly was as quiet.

"But enough about me and my crazy life, what's up with you?", Diamond asked.

"Nothing much but may I say, that guy Dante doesn't give up", Kelly said.

Diamond chuckles. "He's still texting you?", Diamond asked.

"Yes", Kelly said. "Ya know usually I don't go for the younger guys.. I mean he's only a year younger but still.. but he's funny"

Diamond nods.

"But I'm not going to date him", Kelly said.

"That's your best choice", Diamond said with a smile.

Kelly chuckles.

———————————————

That afternoon, Diamond decided to bake some cookies. When she was younger, every time she had a bad day at school her mom would always fix it with desserts so she always used Diamond for assistance when it came to baking them.

Diamond took the cookies out of the oven and let them sit. She had invited Brian over to get some cookies to say thank you for being there for her.

—————————————

Kendrick was pulling into the neighborhood and on the phone with Dante.

"Man listen this like the 30th time y'all done broke up. If that's not telling you something i don't know what is", Dante said. "She lied to you dude"

"And she had her reasons". Kendrick said. "And me out of all people should understand"

"Understand her showing her ass and titties at a club", Dante asked.

"Dante don't do that", Kendrick said as he pulling up near Diamond's apartment and saw Brian walking to Diamonds door.

Kendrick stopped his car and looked and ignored was Dante was saying over the phone.

———————————

Brian nods on the door and Diamond opens it. "Hey", she said opening the container of cookies.

"Hey", he replied. "I smell the cookies already", he said. "Smells delicious"

Diamond smiles. "Well hopefully they are good", she said as she handed him the container. "Thank you again for being there for me"

"Anytime anywhere", he said.

Diamond smiles.

"But thank you for the cookies. I be sure to enjoy them", he said. "And I'm glad you're smiling"

"Me too", she said.

"Talk to you later. I'm late for something", he said.

"For what?", Diamond asked.

"Basically some lesson of something that'll help me my future career as a officer", he said. "A little bit of self defense, some boxing, wrestling. All that"

"What you cant fight?", Diamond said joking around.

"I can fight. But fighting isn't about whether you can just throw a punch.. it's about self control and that's basically when I'm learning with other techniques", he said.

Diamond nods.

"They teach girls too", he said.

"What are you referring to?", she asked.

"Maybe you should try it out. It's a lot of bad people out there and you living on your own.. you should be able to defend yourself", he said.

Diamond nods.

"You can come and check it out if you want", he said.

"..okay", Diamond said. "I've been looking for another to do to get my mind off things so what the hell, why not. I'm just going to go get my purse"

"You might wanna op for a book Bag or something and a change of clothes", he said.

"True. You wanna step in while I go to my room and change?", she asked.

"Sure", he said as he walked in.

Diamond begins to go in the house but sees Kendrick's car but couldn't see him because of his tinted windows.

Kendrick backed into a parking space and drove away.

Diamond looked down and began to think.

TO BE CONTINUED...