Chapter 45

Because of Diamond's leg, she called out of work for the next few days. Since she was supposed to work today, but didnt go Kendrick called her. She and Kendrick have been talking on the phone more often before Brian got back to the house. They talked on a friendly level vs a couple level, and Kendrick wanted it that way until she actually divorced.

"Hello", Diamond said.

"Hey, you okay?", he asked.

"Yea, I um... something happened last time and I had to go to the hospital, but I'm fine", she said.

"what happened", he asked.

"I got.. I got shot in the leg", she said.

"Shot? where? is Ayanna okay?", he asked.

"my leg and she doesn't have a scratch on her", she said.

"How did this happen", she said.

"Somebody got into the house somehow", Diamond said. "But um Brian was here so he shot the guy and the guy's gun accidentally went off"

"wow.. but um you said Brian was there?", Kendrick asked.

"Its just for a week or so Until he finds his own spot", Diamond said.

Kendrick was silent.

"I take that silent as in not good", she said.

"We ain't together", he said.

"..Yea I know but I also want you to know that Brian and I don't have anything going on", she said.

"We ain't together", he said.

"I heard you the first time", she said.

"I guess I'm just tryna remind myself that then", he said.

Diamond didn't say anything.

"I'm just going to get back to work," he said.

"Okay", Diamond said.

"Be safe and stay well. See you at work whenever you come and I work", he said.

"Or you can just call me later?", she said.

"..nah... I don't think we should be talking on the phone anymore", he said. "I don't wanna start feeling some type of way just to make myself have to get over that feeling later on"

Diamond makes a face.

"See you later Diamond", he said before he hung up.

Diamond looked at her phone for a moment to think about what he said.

----------------------------------------------------------

Later that evening Brian got off from work and went upstairs to shower.

Diamond was thinking about talking to him to tell him thank you for helping last night so she went upstairs. As she went upstairs she heard him on the phone.

"Yea I just wanted to say sorry about last night, didn't mean to shoot you....Yea I think it might've worked... Yea she's going to be fine...okay man just send me the hospital bill and I'll pay it...iight bye", Brian said on the phone.

Diamond made a face. She didn't realize how good of an actor he was. She heard Brian walking and went into Ayanna's room.

Brian walked out of the room and looked to see Diamond in Ayanna's room.

"Hey my beautiful girls", he said with a smile.

"Hey daddy", Ayanna said as she walked to him.

"How was your dad today?", he asked as he go on one knee to be at her level.

"Good", Ayanna said as she walked away.

Brian looked at Diamond and Diamond looked away.

Brian stood up. "Diamond can I talk to you?", he asked.

Diamond didn't say anything. She just used her crutches to go into their bedroom and Brian followed.

"You okay?", he asked.

"I have a question", she said as she sat down.

"Okay", Brian said.

"On our wedding day..your sister told me something ..but I didn't believe her", Diamond said.

"Like what?", Brian asked.

"...she said you knew she was fake to me and you didn't care because you were trying to break me and kendrick up", Diamond said. "Is that true?"

"No why would I-"

"DONT lie to me", Diamond shouted.

Brian sat next to her. "Diamond listen to me, whatever Kelsey did to you, I had nothing to do with", he said. "And that's the fucking past, you're over him. So why you bringing that up"

"The past or the present it still shows what type of guy you are", Diamond said. "Now I'm going to ask you again.. is it true?! Because I already know that, that robbery stunt you pulled last night was fake and you could've got our daughter hurt! You got me hurt! I'm sitting here thinking you were protecting me but really you weren't"

Brian was quiet.

"I don't even care anymore", Diamond said as she got up. "We're getting a divorce and I mean it this time"

"Diamond-"

"I don't wanna hear it. I'm not sleeping here tonight", she said.

"Where you going to go?", he asked.

"Don't worry about it. Just know it damn sure want be here", she said as she left the room.

Brian sighed and palmed his face.

——————————————————-

Diamond got out the car after she pulled up to Kendrick's house. She got up the steps and rung the door bell.

Kendrick eventually opened the door and was shocked.

"Hey? What's going on? Come in", he said.

Diamond walked in the house and looked around.

Kendrick shut the door behind him. "Is something wrong?", he asked.

Diamond looked at him and hers were filled with tears.

"...Diamond-"

Diamond dropped her crutches and began to kiss him.

Kendrick kisses back but pulled away a little. "Diamond", he said.

Diamond pulled him back and started kissing him again.

Kendrick pulled away again. "Diamond!"

Diamond stopped and looked at him.

"Don't come over here and be kissing on me if this is you getting back at Brian", he said.

"No... this is be getting back what I was too blind to see what I had", she said. "Kendrick I am SO sorry"

Kendrick starred at her.

"I love you", she said. "I never stop loving you and I should've listened to my heart and not let somebody else steer me away". Diamond be began to cry. "I know I keep sending you these mixed signals but I know what I want now and I just -"

Kendrick cuts her off by kissing her. Diamond slowly begins to kiss back.

Kendrick puts her up, not breaking the kiss.

"Ouch", she said as she pulled away.

"Oh your leg. I'm sorry", he said.

"It's okay, it's okay", she said as she started kissing him again.

Kendrick walked into the bedroom and shut the door.

TO BE CONTINUED...