Chapter 2

DIAMOND POV.

That night I got off earlier than usual because I had a test in the morning. When I got home I couldn't stop thinking about that boy. I couldn't understand why. I mean like yea he's cute, but I've seen him around all the time.. so why think about him now.

So I took my test that morning and I went to the chic fil a on campus. I got my food and started to head out of the restaurant but as soon as I turn around to walk I bump into Kendrick.

Kendrick looked at me.

"Sorry", I said.

"Nah. I'm sorry. I should watch where I'm going", he said.

"Mm.. that too", I say.

He chuckles. It was at that moment that I never really noticed how nice his smile was.

I start to walk away but then I hear my name.

"Diamond, right?", he said.

I stop and turn around. "Yes?", I say.

"I'm Kendrick", he said.

I nod and smile slightly. "I know", I say.

"You stalking me or something?", he asks.

"No. You are kind of the star basketball player of the school", I say.

"Oh yea... that's right", he says.

"But I have food to eat", I say.

"Maybe we can eat some food together one day?", he says.

I raise my eyebrow and smirk. "Are you trying to ask me something?", I say.

He smiles and rubs his hands together. "Yea.. unless you taken", he says.

"Maybe I'm just not looking", I say.

"That's understandable", he said. "But maybe you just never saw me"

I chuckle and roll my eyes. "Bye", I say as I start walking away.

He smiles as I walk away. Then makes a face

"What's up with you bruh?", his friend says.

"Nothing", Kendrick says. "She just seem familia- ..nevermind"

"Duh. She been going here since freshman year", the friend said.

"Yea I know", Kendrick said.

After they said that I stopped walking slow and stopped ease-dropping. I continued to walk until I got into my car.

————————

The next day in Dr. Crawford's class. I was actually on time. I was early actually, even got there before Dr. Crawford. I got my stuff out and got on my phone. As people start walking in the classroom, Kendrick became one of those people. He walked up to my desk and I could smell his cologne which actually smelled good. I look up and notice he wasn't dressed down. He had on some dark jeans, a red shirt and a chain with some all black Jordan's.

"Hey", he said.

"Hey", I said back. "You lost?", I said playfully.

"Nah", he said.

I look at him wondering why he was standing in front me.

"You going to the party tonight?", he asked.

"No I gotta study", I say. "Nursing school is... time consuming"

"Yea I'm with you on that", he said. "I'm pre med"

I nod in approval. "That's what's up", I said.

He nods and sits in the empty desk next to me.

I look at him and make a face. Wondering why he was now sitting next to me.

"You know, it's a lot of girls on this campus who fight over me but you...", he said before he got cut off.

"Could care less if she had your attention?", I asked.

"... well I wasn't going to say exactly that but yes", he said.

"Now you wondering why I don't?", I say.

"I was actually going to say that I fuck with that", he said as he sat back. "Believe it or not, I got a little crush on you"

I start to blush but try my hardest to hide it.

"But question is, are you going to give me the time of day ?", he added.

"Nah", I said

He sat up and looked at me confused. As if that was his first time getting rejected.

Dr. Crawford walked in.

"Why ?" He asked.

"Because... you have too many girl flocking around you. That drama isn't for me", I say.

He nods. "I'm single. They see dollar bills so of course they gonna try to get with me. Imma say this though", he said.

"What?", I ask.

"None of them got a place in my heart... I think I'm probably saving that you. What you think?", he asked.

"Mr. Mills, enough with the flirting. I have a class to start", Dr. Crawford said in front of the whole class. "Miss. Wilson doesn't seem impressed"

The class laughs and Kendrick can't help but laugh too.

"Go on Dr. Crawford. The floor is yours", Kendrick said.

"Oh honey the floor as always been mine", Dr. Crawford said before she started today's lesson.

Kendrick looks at me and I look at him then I look at the professor.

——————

After class was over, before I could leave out the class room Kendrick stops me.

"How about I get your number", he asked.

"Kendrick.. I don't think me and you can happen", I say.

"Never to bad to give it a try", he says.

I shake my head. "No, sorry", I say.

"iight. That's understandable. But can I at least get your number for the project due at the end of the month?", he asked. "So I can add you to the group chat"

"Project?", I asked. "She assigned the groups already?

"Oh yea.. you were late to class that day. She did it at the beginning of class", he said.

I sigh. "Okay, whatever. Just add me. No side conversations please", I say as I took his phone and put my number in.

He smile. "Cool. No problem", he said.

"Mhm", I say before I walk out the classroom.

As I walk to my car I get a text message from an random number.

MESSAGE: oh yea.. somebody dropped the class to we're the only group of two 😉 see you whatever you wanna meet for the project partner

I read it and my mouth drops open.

"Thanks a lot Dr. Crawford", I say to myself.