Chapter 65

It's been a couple days and Ayanna was back from Brian's house. Diamond hadn't talken to Kendrick all day because she was at work all day. Diamond picked Ayanna up from daycare and they went home.

As Diamond cooked her and Ayanna's dinner, Ayanna came into the kitchen.

"Mommy?", Ayanna said as she walked up to Diamond.

"Yes", Diamond said as she walked passed Ayanna to get some plates.

"when are you and daddy getting back together?", she asked.

Diamond paused for a moment then placed the plates down on the counter. "Baby", Diamond said as she looked at Ayanna. "Me and daddy aren't getting back together"

"Why?", Ayanna said.

"Because we aren't okay?", Diamond said.

"Daddy said because of Kendrick", Ayanna said.

Diamond didn't say anything she just shook her head. "No.. it is not because of Kendrick. Me and daddy got married because we loved each other but we don't anymore so we are just friends"

Ayanna just looked at her.

"Do you understand?", Diamond asked.

Ayanna shook her head.

"Ayanna, baby..just...me and daddy aren't together and I'm sorry but we won't be again", Diamond said.

Ayanna begins to pout.

"Don't do that", Diamond said.

Ayanna walked away, crying.

Diamond sighs and shakes her head.

Suddenly, she get a message but ignores it to talk to Ayanna. Diamond walked into the living room and saw Ayanna sitting down watching T.V. She had already wiped her tears but she was still pouting.

"Dinner is ready", Diamond said.

"No", Ayanna replied.

"Ayanna you need to eat", Diamond said.

"No", Ayanna repeated.

Diamond's phone began to ring but Diamond didn't look to see who it was. She stayed in the living to talk to Ayanna.

"Ayanna Olivia Sanders you do not tell me no", Diamond argues.

Ayanna stayed quiet.

"Get to the table now", Diamond said. "

Ayanna get up and walked to her kiddie table and sat down.

"Thank you", Diamond said before she walked to fox her plate.

As Diamond fixed Ayanna's plate her phone rang again. She looked at the phone and saw that it was Kendrick. She picked the phone up and held it between her ear and shoulder as she fixed Ayanna's plate.

"Yes, Kendrick?", Diamond answered.

"Hey. I was just calling to check on you. I didn't hear from you all day", he said. "Texted and called you"

"Sorry. I was doing something", Diamond said.

"...you okay though?", he asked.

"Yea. Listen I'll talk to you later alright. I'm about to eat and go to sleep", she said.

"You alright?", Kendrick asked.

"Yea", she said as she let out a deep breath. "I'm just tired and frustrated"

"Wanna talk about it?", Kendrick asked.

"Nah", Diamond said.

Kendrick felt as if Diamond was up to something but the other half of him knew she wasn't. He just didn't understand why he was being rushed off the phone. He didn't wanna question her because of the morning. He didn't wanna set off any triggers. He wanted her to feel as comfortable with him as possible but still his mind wondered.