Chapter 62

The next morning Diamond woke up and Kendrick was gone at work.

"So I guess I'm by myself for the day", she said to herself.

Diamond walked out the room and downstairs to the kitchen. She jumped because she saw a woman there. The woman jumped too once she saw Diamond.

"Oh my gosh", the woman said. "You scared me"

"Who are you?", Diamond asked.

"I'm Lutisha. I used to be Kendrick and his siblings' nanny and family maid. Kendrick ask me to come and get things tidied up and cook for you if needed", Lutisha said.

"Umm.. you don't have to. I believe I can do things myself", Diamond said politely.

"Honey I don't mind it. Besides, Kendrick said you have been stressed lately and he wants you to be carefree", she said with a smile.

"Lutisha, I promise you I'll be fine. Please go home and be with your family if possible and enjoy your day and have fun", Diamond said.

Lutisha nods. "As you wish Ms. Wilson", Lutisha said.

Diamond made a face.

"What? Did I say the wrong name?", Lutisha asked. "I could've sworn that's what Kendrick said your name was"

"No. It's just I haven't heard it in so long", Diamond said.

Lutisha nods as she smiles. "Well, you have a nice day", she said.

"Thank you. Same to you", Diamond said.

Lutisha walked out the kitchen and got her bag and left.

Diamond smiled a little and shook her head as she got her breakfast ready.

—————————————-

By noon, Diamond decided to get into the pool. After doing a couple of laps she floated on her back and closed her eyes as things began to run through her head.

As she did that, Kendrick came home. He called her name and heard no answer because she outside. He walked upstairs and took off his lab coat as he looked around for her. He went back downstairs and outside and say her floating. He admired her for a moment then began to talk.

"If I didn't know better, I would've thought you were dead", he said as he walked to the pool.

Diamond opened her eyes and swam to the edge toward him. "Emotionally? Yes. Physically? No.", she said.

"For real?", he asked.

Diamond shrugs her shoulders.

Kendrick sat on the ground. "What's on your mind?", he asked.

"... Every person I meet, leaves me or does something I never would've never expected. I mean like with you when we dated.. I expected you to cheat but... what I didn't expect you to do was try and you did. I really wanna build us up again but... my mind and my heart won't let me", Diamond said.

"...why is that?", Kendrick asked.

"...I feel damaged. Time after time I've been shown that I can't trust anybody with my heart", she said.

"I know I cheated and they're we're times where I lied to you but... I won't do that again", he said.

"You did it to Kennedy. How are you supposed know or am I supposed to know you won't do it again", she said.

"Because I love you... I didn't love her", he said.

Diamond looked away and changes the subject. "Arent you getting your clothes dirty?", she asked.

"Hey, something wrong was on that pretty mind of yours...you needed to talk to somebody", he said.

Diamond nods. "That's all I that I feel like sharing", she said.

"Okay", he said as he got up. "I'm here.. remember that", he said.

Diamond nods.

Kendrick walks back into the house and Diamond begins to swim backwards.

————————————————-

Later that night, Diamond was watching T.V. while she was on the phone with Vanessa.

"Ayanna did great today as always", Vanessa said.

"That's good to know. Sorry for calling so late. I've trying to clear my mind of things", Diamond said.

"That's understandable", Vanessa said.

"Yea but how you been?", Diamond asked.

"I have been great. I met this guy and we've been texting for a while now. We're going out on a date in a couple days", Vanessa said.

"Wow, that's good. I'm happy for you", Diamond said.

"How about you and Kendrick?", Vanessa asked.

"Listen. I didn't know you even set him coming to work with me up and y'all having these conversations about me", Diamond said. "It wouldn't been nice to know"

"If you knew, it wouldn't have turned out the way things did. It wouldn't have been natural", Vanessa said. "Unlike with you Brian, that was set"

"I don't even wanna hear his name honestly", Diamond said.

"You ain't gotta tell me twice", Vanessa said.

Diamond chuckles.

Kendrick comes down the stairs  and sits on a chair.

"But Vanessa, ill talk to you later", she said.

"Okay girly", Vanessa said. "Goodnight"

"Goodnight", Diamond replied before she hung up and looked up at Kendrick.

"What?", he asked.

"Oh. I thought you wanted something", she said.

"Nah", Kendrick said. "Just came down here to chill with you"

"Oh okay... oh and I found an apartment for now. I'll be moving in, in a week or so", she said.

Kendrick nods then looks at the tv. He didn't want her to leave but he knew she wasn't going to be there forever. He just hope that one day they'll be back together and she'll just be back when that time comes.

Diamond stares at Kendrick then clears her throat. "Kendrick?", she said.

Kendrick looks at her.

"I'm sorry for giving you all these mixed emotions by the way. I do want you. I just wanna be completely ready to hope back into another relationship", she said.

"Diamond I understand. I want you to do the same", he said.

"...you can you sit next to me? You'd probably see the movie better without having to turn your head", she said.

"Okay", he said as he stood up and sat next to her on the couch.

Diamond took her blanket and put it over his lap too and then looked at the tv. Kendrick looked at her for a moment then smiled to himself then looked back at the T.V.

TO BE CONTINUED...