5. Pain

"I found an apartment for you guys. It is about a mile away from here. It is small, but enough for you two, I guess" Yoongi said while having dinner. "Oh, cool. Let's go and have a look at it after dinner. We will move out this weekend if that house is good," Namjoon said. 

"We got tattoos by the way, hyung. Do you wanna see?" Taehyung asked Yoongi, who gasped and looked accusingly at Namjoon. 

"I was going to show you after dinner! Don't look at me like that!" Namjoon exclaimed, while Yoongi just huffed and looked at Taehyung. "Show me yours, Taehyung-ah" he said. Taehyung happily rolled up his right sleeve and showed his tattoo.

Yoongi felt tears forming in his eyes when he looked at it. He knew the bond between the two brothers. He knew how much pain the two of them had gone through and to what extent they were willing to go to just stick together till the end. 

He remembered the days when Namjoon would get drunk and call him to cry about his brother. He remembered all the anger and anxiety his best friend had gone through when Taehyung lost his sight. 

He remembered how he had vowed to himself to help them no matter what. Because no one deserved to go through so much in their life.

"Show me yours, you shitter!" he said, smacking Namjoon's head and getting up to put his and Taehyung's plates into the sink. 

"Here" Namjoon rolled up his left sleeve. "I told him he could do whatever he wanted with my hand, and he came up with this. I love it. It reminds me of my mum for some reason" he said. 

"It's good. Nice to see that you finally decided to move on from everything. Get your jackets. Let's go and see your apartment" Yoongi said. 

"Tae, do you wanna come, or stay and listen to some music?" he asked. "I'll stay. You both go and have some time for yourselves" Taehyung said. He slowly went to their room and jumped on his bed. He groped on the bedside table and found his headphones after a couple of tries. 

..........................

"It's good, Yoongi. I'll take it." Namjoon said as they walked back to their home. "I'll help you guys move and unpack. I am free this Saturday." Yoongi said.

"Actually, I am planning to move into that house on Friday night so that I can spend some time with Tae and help him get used to the new apartment and the surroundings"

"Oh, that's cool. I will come, anyway. I can rest later."

"Okay, cool."

"How is his sight, by the way? Did it improve at all?"

"Nope. It didn't even get worse, as far as I can tell. He still sees the same blur in front of him. He can't identify anything, obviously. But the fact that he isn't completely blind gives me hope."

"What did the doctor back from Daegu say?"

"She said she will keep looking for something. You know, right? She and dad were friends. So she took Tae as her personal case. She keeps calling me regularly, so I just hope she finds something for him soon. It pains me to see him like this, Yoongi" Namjoon said, voice breaking at the end.

Yoongi stopped walking and turned to hug Namjoon. And that was all Namjoon needed to let go of his guard and cry his pain off onto his best friend's shoulder. 

"What did we do to deserve this? Why does he have to suffer so much? Even though he keeps smiling all the time, I know he is suffering, Yoongi! I know he is hiding a lot behind his smile, because he feels like he is a burden to me. But he isn't!! I would do anything for him. 

I wish I hadn't gone out with Sejin that evening. I would have at least been the one to pick him up. All of this could have been avoided. I just wish he doesn't have to go through any more pain. I-It hurts, Yoongi, it hurts soo much" he cried.

"Shh, I know. You can't change what happened, Joon. Don't beat yourself up for something that isn't your fault. Be happy that you are at least there to take care of him now. Think about what would have happened if you were there with him too on that day. He might still have convinced you to call your dad. Who would have taken care of him if something happened to you too? Stay strong for him, Joon. That's all he needs from you" Yoongi said.

"You are right" Namjoon sniffled. "Let's go home. It looks like it is going to rain tonight." he said, deciding to cuddle the shit out of his younger brother that night.

"Aww, I can never get over how cute he has become" Yoongi cooed once they got back and saw Taehyung sprawled on his bed. 

"Okay, let's sleep. We'll start packing tomorrow in the evening. Good night" Namjoon said, smiling at Yoongi. "Yes, good night" Yoongi said and went to his room.

Namjoon got onto the bed and put an arm around Taehyung. He felt the younger turn around and nuzzle his face deep into his neck. He leaned down and kissed his forehead. 

"I wish everything goes back to normal. But I know it won't happen soon. I promise to lead you through every step of your life until it gets back to normal, Tae-ah. I love you. Good night"