32. He freaked out

"Oh!!" Ju suddenly exclaimed, making poor Taehyung flinch over his breakfast. 

"What's wrong?" Namjoon asked with his mouth full of food. 

"You idiot, I just realized you never actually introduced me to your friends" she said. 

Namjoon laughed. "True. How did we spend the whole evening without actually knowing each other?" "That's exactly what I realized just now" Ju said. 

"Right. I will introduce you to Seokjin and Jungkook. Jimin may come around this week. If he does, I will introduce him to you too, or else we can do it over the weekend. You and Yoongi obviously know each other" Namjoon said. 

"Yeah we do" she said. "You shitter goose" she suddenly hissed. "You are introducing me to your boyfriends this evening" she ordered. "Call them for dinner. I'll cook" she announced. "Yeah, okay" Namjoon said, putting his plate in the sink. 

"Tae-ah, let's go and get stuff for the fridge. It looks like someone tried to rob it. Poor them, they must have been disappointed" she said once Namjoon left for work. 

"Give me a minute" he chuckled and walked into his room to get his cane. "Yeah, let's go" he said once he put his shoes on. 

"You are gonna stay this whole week, right?" he asked on their way to the shop. "Yeah, I'll leave on Saturday" she said. 

"So, how's everything at Daegu?" he asked. "As dull as it can get. We miss you, Tae. It used to be so fun before" she sighed. "Yeah....I miss you too. How are Seojoon and Hyungsik?" he asked. 

"They are fine too. Can you believe Seojoon is dating now? I couldn't believe it, but time really runs soo fast" "Oh my god" Taehyung snickered.

"Tell me about your boyfriend"
"He and Jin hyung are cousins. You remember Hobi hyung, right?"
"Of course, how can I not?"
"Yeah, so, Jungkook was Hobi hyung's boyfriend" Taehyung sighed. 

"Oh my god, it's that kid!" Ju exclaimed. 
"Yeah, it's that kid"
"Oh, no!! no wonder he got so possessive. Oh, no, I still feel so bad for him" Ju said, her voice breaking. 

"Yeah, anyways, he didn't get over Hobi hyung's death the past two years. He actually didn't let his mind accept that it happened. He stayed in denial. 

So when we moved in, he freaked out when he found out that Namjoon hyung and Yoongi hyung were Hobi hyung's best friends and worked himself into an asthma attack. 

Then we realized that he should accept the fact that it happened before he tried to move on. So we kinda forced Namjoon hyung and Yoongi hyung's presence on him and gradually pushed him into thinking about the events. 

That day he finally accepted that they were gone and weren't going to come back and that he was supposed to move on. I am going to give him full credit on trying to move on, actually" Taehyung explained. 

"Yeah, me too" Ju said. 

"So, yeah! Jin hyung and Joonie hyung started dating. So, whenever we all were together, they unintentionally formed couples, leaving me and Kook together all the time. That's how we both became close. Yesterday, he confessed" Taehyung explained, leaving Ju in tears by the end of it. 

"No matter what, no one deserves it, Tae. Whatever happened to him that day, he didn't deserve it. The world was too cruel with him" she sniffled. 

"Yeah, I heard about that day. Jimin told me. Oh god, his description itself was soo horrible! I don't wanna imagine how horrible it must have been to actually see that" Taehyung said. 

"We are here. What did he do?" Ju asked. "I'll tell while going back. Let's buy first."

...................

"Yeah. So, what did he do?" Ju asked. 

"Jimin said that they were in his house when he went to identify the body. He was pretty out of it when he received the call, so they were really worried. He returned in the ambulance with the body. 

He was sitting in his bedroom, crying his eyes out. Jimin, Jin hyung and Yoongi hyung were present in the bedroom when he got the call. One minute he was silently crying his eyes out and the other minute he gets the call. 

Apparently, he literally lost his mind at that and started screaming and tearing his sheets off and pulling down the curtains and tearing them off with bare hands and yelling at everyone to stop being cruel to him and sobbing loudly and whatnot!

Also, apparently, the next day in the funeral, two people had to literally hold him up to keep him stable and standing. 

And he said that it took almost a month or so for him to become normal. By normal, I mean his mental condition. Apparently, they were truly afraid that he lost his mind and they were seriously considering admitting him in a mental hospital" Taehyung said. 

"Oh my god" Ju muttered. "I won't blame him, though. And his reaction was really predictable. I would have been surprised if he didn't react that way" she said. 

"Yeah, me too. And Namjoon hyung, on the other side, started drowning himself in drinks for failing Hobi hyung" Taehyung said. "I still don't understand that. Why does he think he failed him?" she asked. 

"He didn't attend the funeral, Ju. He had to arrange dad's funeral and I was still unconscious. It really took a toll on him. It would have been somewhat better if mum had been alive. The whole responsibility fell on him so suddenly and he couldn't take it. 

He had to take care of me. It wasn't easy for me in the beginning. Getting used to this was really hard, and I needed emotional support as well. Joon hyung used to get soo stressed by it, he used to get drunk at least thrice a week"

"Yeah, I remember those days well. If only she didn't die three years before that....Cancer is soo unpredictable..."
"Yeah...."

"Taehyung-ah, remember one thing. All of you have gone through a lot. You, Namjoon, Jungkook the most. And it is going to come to an end this December. It is a big thing in all of your lives. 

Don't let go of that kid, okay? Give him a life. He will give you one in return. But, I mean it! Please take care of him well. He may seem tough from the outside. But you know very well that he hasn't even collected the broken pieces of himself yet. Help him through it" she said. 

"Yeah. There is one more thing. There is only a week left for 31st August. Apparently, he broke down pretty horribly last year. He said that he didn't even want to go the grave. Apparently, hyung literally dragged him to the grave. 

And now that he is finally moving on, I am guessing it might be slightly easy this time. I wanna be with him, but there is no way I am not going to Daegu. I can't 'not go' to visit Dad that day. I am not understanding what to do" Taehyung sighed heavily. 

"Let's figure it out.....We still have time" Ju said.