20. Not incurable, after all

"He's fine. It was a panic-induced asthma attack. We put him on an oxygen mask. He is sleeping right now, so you can take him home when he wakes up" the doctor said to the two people waiting anxiously for the younger. "Thank you" Seokjin said, his eyes and cheeks puffy and red. 

"See?! He is fine! Now, don't worry. After going home, he can rest too. Let's go inside his room and wait for him to wake up" Namjoon said, taking Seokjin into Jungkook's room. 

Seokjin let out a few more tears before falling asleep on Namjoon's shoulder. Namjoon decided to stay awake for both of them and thus called Yoongi. 

"Hello? Joon? Is he fine?"
"Yeah. It was an asthma attack. He is sleeping right now, so we will be back once he wakes up. You please don't stay awake for us. Just go and sleep, you three. We will talk about everything in the morning" Namjoon said.

"Yeah okay, we will go to sleep. That kid had me worried, seriously"
"Yeah, me too. He is Hoseok's boyfriend, Yoongs! I can't believe it's him. He still didn't get over it, I feel soo bad!" Namjoon exclaimed. 

"Yeah, I recognized him. I was there with him that day, remember? You won't ever forget his face if you saw him on that day. Listen, Joon. That kid needs friends. Tae and Jimin are already willing to help him come out of his shell. I wanna help too. He really needs help. The fact that it affects him to this degree even though it's been two years really bothers me" Yoongi said.

"Yeah, me too. I am happy that Tae and Jimin are gonna help him. I will too, don't worry. Hey, I am getting a call from Ju. I will call you back later. Bye" Namjoon said and hung up. 

"Hello? Ju!!" 
"Hey! Joonie! How are you? How's my darling?" Ju asked.
"We are fine, Ju. How are you?"
"I am fine"
"Why are you calling me at such an odd time?" Namjoon asked. 

"I got a call from the doctors I was talking about, and it looks like they are close to finding something to fix Tae. I just couldn't wait till morning to tell you this"
"Wow, that's great news, Ju. That's really great! But Ju, you know Tae isn't comfortable with new doc-"

"Yeah, I know. Whatever it is, I am gonna be there with him. I am gonna be the one to do it. So don't worry. Also, don't get too excited. There's a lot of time. They haven't found it yet. They are just close to finding it" Ju said.

"Yeah, I know. It's better if I don't tell Tae about this. I don't want him to get his hopes up in vain..."
"Yeah...I will go now, bye. Like I said, I just couldn't wait till morning"
"Haha thanks, Ju. Bye" Namjoon said and hung up.

Park Hyojoo and Kim Sihyuk were very close friends whose friendship started in high school and continued until the end of Sihyuk's life. Hyojoo was practically a member of the Kim family. She loved the Kim kids and the same goes with the kids too. 

The Park family and the Kim family always hung out together and celebrated special occasions together. They never missed out on anything. She insisted on being called 'Ju' by the kids.

Hyojoo had been heartbroken at her best friend's death. She felt even more broken when she came to know that her darling Taehyung lost partial sight in the accident. 

She took him up as her own personal case and tried her best to find something to fix his eyes. His condition, even though rare, wasn't incurable. So she was determined to help him out. 

Namjoon was very grateful for her. He couldn't help but hope that maybe.......just maybe......Taehyung might get his sight back........just maybe.......the fate would decide to smile upon them. 

Not that he thinks of it as a burden, but it kills him to see his younger brother suffer. He sat there for almost two hours, thinking about his life. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice the boy on the bed wake up. 

"Hyung?" he heard a small voice. "Oh? Jungkook? It's me Namjoon. Oh, no, no, no, please don't freak out. Please, Jungkook. I know it's hard. But please! You have to be strong. Chill, please. Let's get you home for now, we can all catch up tomorrow" he said, shaking Seokjin's shoulders to wake him up. 

"Oh, Kookie you are awake! Oh my god, Jungkookie, you gave me such a scare. Don't you ever dare to do that again, you dipshit!" Seokjin cried, hugging the daylights out of his cousin while the younger apologized and hugged him back.

"Let's go home! Give me the keys, hyung. I will drive" Namjoon said, reaching out for the keys.
"Yeah, let's go!!" Seokjin said, holding Jungkook, who was very drowsy and just wanted to get back to his bed. 

"Good night, hyung. Good night, Jungkook" Namjoon said once they reached their apartment, flashing his dimples. "Good night, Joon" Jin said, already feeling comfortable with calling him by a nickname. 

Jungkook just waved his hand at Namjoon. 

"What about dinner?" Seokjin asked Namjoon. "I'm not hungry anymore. It's okay. Bye" Namjoon said and walked into his flat.