46. Less than twelve hours

The week flew by too fast and Taehyung was being wheeled into the operation theater already. Seokjin, Namjoon and Jungkook waited in the waiting room while Yoongi and Jimin went back home. 

The surgery was going to take almost an hour. They busied themselves with their phones and the hour passed by really quick. They walked into the room to see Taehyung, who was still unconscious. 

"He may sleep for another three or so hours and then you can talk to him all you want. We will remove his bandages on Friday in the morning. Everything will be fine after that" the doctor said before leaving them to get settled in the room. 

Ju came back after getting changed. "It went well, Joon. Don't worry too much. His eyes were reacting well after the surgery" she said as she settled in another chair in the room. 

The three of them took turns to stay in the hospital with Taehyung in the night. Seokjin and Namjoon had stayed the previous two nights, and it was Jungkook's turn this night. 

They left after having dinner, leaving Taehyung and Jungkook alone. They stayed up for a lot of time, talking about silly things before it took a serious turn. 

"I always had this question, Kook. Don't answer if you don't wanna, okay?" Taehyung asked. "Okay....?" Jungkook said

"How did you feel?........I mean.......you came to know the previous day that your mom was planning to leave you guys.....and the next day you found her dead.......were you angry at her, or did you still love her?" Taehyung asked. 

Jungkook didn't reply. He stayed silent for almost two whole minutes. Taehyung almost gave up on getting an answer from him. 

"I loved her" Jungkook said. "She was my mother. No matter what, I was convinced that I would be able to convince her to stay with us. I wouldn't blame her for it, though. 

Dad became a workaholic and they barely talked. I was soo much with H-Hobi that one would almost think I moved in with him. 

She used to be all alone in that house with no one to spend her time with. It's obvious that she sought out some affection and love for herself. I wanted to convince her that we would try better, but.......I didn't expect her to kill herself" Jungkook replied. 

"Ohh...."

"Did you have any boyfriends after you know......" Jungkook trailed off. 

"Nope. I was busy with my own life. I was learning to cope with my blindness. I didn't have time for that back then. Namjoon hyung and I decided to have a new start. That was why we moved to Busan" Taehyung replied. 

"So you guys came for tattoos right after you moved to Busan?" Jungkook asked, recalling that they moved into their flats after getting their tattoos. "Yeah. We were living with Yoongi hyung for almost two weeks before we found the flat" Taehyung said. 

"Hmm.....You know what? This is something I never told anyone. But the tattoo I put on Namjoon hyung's hand.....it is my mum's favorite flower. The day before all of this started, my dad put that tattoo on his left arm to impress my mom on their silver jubilee. It all happened soo fast, I never actually looked back at it.

You make me feel comfortable enough to think about it, Tae. When Namjoon hyung offered his left arm, saying I could do whatever I wanted with it, I couldn't stop myself from making that tattoo. I really didn't think we all would be connected to each other this deeply" Jungkook said, placing his palm over Taehyung's arm and rubbing it.

"The flower that you made, it reminded Namjoon of our mother. Maybe it is universally connected to all mothers" Taehyung said, chuckling at his own logic. Jungkook chuckled too. 

"Tae, in less than thirty or so hours, they are going to remove your bandage......and then you will be able to see.....I really can't wait for you to see me, Tae" Jungkook said, getting onto the hospital bed beside his fiance and cuddling him. 

Taehyung laid his head on Jungkook's chest and let him play with his hair. "I can't wait too, Kook. I can finally be independent. I want to see all of my friends. I want you and Namjoon hyung to be the first people I see" he said.

"Of course, babe. I will be sitting right in front of you, okay? I will be the first person you see along with Namjoon hyung" Jungkook promised by linking their pinkies. 

"Hmm" Taehyung hummed, fighting a yawn. "Go to sleep, babe. We can talk again tomorrow and the day after and the day after and the da-" "Haha, okay. We have forever left. Now sleep" Taehyung cut him off. 

"Good night, hyung."
"Good night, honey."

.......................................

"Jungkookie, you go home tonight. Joon and I will stay. You go and sleep at home today" Seokjin said. 

"But I want to be here with him. I gotta stay for tomorrow morning" Jungkook protested. 

"You can come back. Ask Ju to wake you up soon. We will ask the doctor to wait for you, okay? Now go" Seokjin persuaded him. 

Jungkook left reluctantly. 

In less than twelve hours, they were going to remove the bandage. In less than twelve hours, his love was going to look at him. He felt excited and happy at the thought. 

He knocked on Ju's door and smiled tiredly as she let him in. "Wake me up soon tomorrow" he told her. "Yeah, I am gonna go too. We can go together" Ju said. 

He walked into the guest room and almost settled on the bed when Ju came into the room with a glass of water. She placed it on the table opposite to the bed. 

"Holler if you need something. Please be loud, cos it won't be audible. Also, relax!! The love of your life is finally getting his eyes fixed. Don't worry too much. Sleep well and wake up when I wake you up, okay? Don't give me a hard time tomorrow. Good night" she said and left after turning off the lights. 

'Hobi was the love of my life too...........look where it landed him..........Mom....Dad.......Hobi.......I loved all of them......no words can describe how much I loved them.......and they are all gone.......Will it happen to Tae too?........No, no......I can't bear if it happens again......I just can't........Oh god!!.......Everything should go well'  he thought as he drifted off to his dreamland, listening to the pitter-patter of the rain outside.