35. The visit

"You know what, Tae?" Namjoon asked. Taehyung hummed questioningly. "You should become a psychiatrist or something. You have a way with your words" Namjoon said. 

They had left early in the morning to visit their parent's graves and were on their way back to Ju's house.

Namjoon thought of how cool and composed he was this time, compared to the last time they visited the grave. 

He was a crying mess back then and Taehyung had to call Ju to take them back home. This time, he was composed enough to handle the whole visit without breaking down in front of his brother.

"Nonsense" Taehyung said, hitting Namjoon's arm playfully. "What? No! I mean it! Your ripple effect thingy actually made me think and helped me be calm. How come you never told me about it?" Namjoon asked. 

"I did! But you were too drunk to understand what I was telling"
"You should have told me when I was sober!!"
"You never talked about it unless you were drunk! Don't blame me, you shitter goose, I was terrified to bring the topic up when you were sober" Taehyung mumbled. 

"Ohh"
"Yeah"
"Sorry"
"It's okay, I understand how much of a burden it was to you" Taehyung said. 

"Tae, remember one thing forever. Yes, the responsibilities were a burden. I won't lie about that. But you were never a burden to me. I would literally give my life for you and be glad about it" Namjoon said. 

"Shut up!! Don't say that! But yeah, I will keep that in mind" Taehyung said and leaned on Namjoon's shoulder.

"I am worried about Jungkook, hyung. Jin hyung told me that the last time he dragged Jungkook to the grave, his behavior and reaction was horrible. I don't want that to happen again hyung" Taehyung said. 

"Yeah, he told me too. I really feel very bad for him. He doesn't deserve that. No one does" Namjoon said sadly. "Yeah! I know that he is finally moving on and all, but what if this visit drags him back to his old self?" Taehyung asked worriedly.

"What if he opens up more? You can go both the ways with the 'what if's', Tae. Be optimistic" Namjoon said. "Yeah, right. Let's have breakfast and leave, hyung. I want to be with him today" Taehyung said. 

"Yeah, Tae, I get it. Ju said she will be ready with the breakfast by the time we come back. So it won't take long. Don't worry, relax" Namjoon said. 

...................................

"He hasn't come out of the room yet. He locked himself up yesterday right after you guys went and didn't come out even for breakfast" Seokjin said. 

They were in the kitchen, discussing about when they should go to the graveyard. 

"It's almost 11, Tae! I am worried! He didn't have dinner yesterday night, and didn't have breakfast yet" he said. 

"Oh no, he didn't eat much at the lunch either. I'll try calling him out. Or wait, do you have spare keys?" Taehyung asked. "Yeah, I do" "Give them to me, hyung. I will try to bring him out" Taehyung said. 

He opened the door to Jungkook's room and walked to his bed. He ran his hands on the bed and realized that it was empty. 

"Jungkookie?" he called out and heard a whimper coming from behind him. "Tae! P-Please, I don't want to go, Tae. Please don't take me there. I don't wannaaaa" Jungkook ran out of the bathroom and hugged him from the back, burying his face into his back as he sobbed. 

Taehyung could hear the uneven breaths that Jungkook was taking. 

"Kookie, baby, listen. I know this is super hard for you, but this is the least you can do for them, isn't it? I will be there for you the whole time. You can hold hands too, if you want. But you have to go, darling" he turned back and hugged Jungkook properly.