48. What the hell happened?!

"Why aren't they here yet?? It's almost ten!!" Seokjin whined. Jungkook and Ju were supposed to be at the hospital by nine. 

They were almost an hour late, but Taehyung didn't want to do it without them. Seokjin started becoming restless and almost started pacing around when Namjoon got a call from Ju. He scrambled to answer the call. 

"Ju!! Where the hell are you guys??" he yelled into the phone.
"Namjoon, if you are with Jin, then act like there isn't any signal and come out of the room! It's urgent" she said with a voice that made chills go down Namjoon's spine. 

"Hello?? Hello!! HELLO!! Aish!" Namjoon exclaimed. "Stay with Tae, I'll be right back" he said and walked out of the room. 

"Haan, now tell me what's wrong. Where the hell are you??"
"Namjoon, I..." her voice broke as she started crying.
"Ju! Please! You are scaring me! What the hell went wrong??" Namjoon asked.
"....." he heard nothing but sobs on the other side. 

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED, JU??" he yelled.
"JUNGKOOKIE!! HE FUCKING...!!"
"He fucking what? HE FUCKING WHAT???"
"HE FUCKING DIED, OKAY?! HE FUCKING DIED!! I WOKE UP AND WALKED INTO THE ROOM TO WAKE HIM UP AND FOUND HIM DEAD ON THE FLOOR!! I CHECKED HIM UP!!! HE DIED BECAUSE OF LACK OF OXYGEN, JOON!! IT'S TOO LATE NOW!! I AM IN THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW!! IN THE MORGUE!!" she screamed. 

Namjoon stood frozen as he processed what he just heard. He ran to the ground floor and asked for the morgue frantically. 

He ran to the morgue and found Ju standing beside a body that was covered up. He walked to the body and brought up his trembling hands. 

He mustered all of his courage and pulled the cover off his face. He felt terrified of what he would see below it. He looked at Ju for support, but she was busy sobbing, looking at the floor. 

He lifted the cover off the body and it took him a second to recognize the pale, colorless face. He stumbled back as the weight of the situation finally sank in. 

It was his fiance's little cousin brother's dead body. 

It was his little brother's fiance's dead body. 

It was his favorite bunny's body. 

He looked around frantically as he weighed his options. Of all the people, Seokjin would go mad if he came to know about this. Taehyung already had enough in his life. He couldn't tell them now. He looked at Ju, who was still wiping her tears. 

"We can't tell them now! We have to wait till they get back home. Listen to me, Ju. I will tell them that Jungkook had an attack and that he is here now. But I won't tell them that he is.....he is....gone" his voice cracked. 

"They can't know, Ju! You help me by finding a doctor who is gonna tell them that Kookie is serious right now and that they shouldn't wait for him and that they should just go home. Send the body to Busan, Ju! I will take them home soon. 

In fact, it's better if you tell them that he is already in Busan. Tell some or the other hospital's name, it doesn't matter. I will go now. Wait. Don't bring any other doctor. Do it yourself" Namjoon rambled. He got up shakily and went back to Taehyung's room.

................................

'Why is he taking soo long? Maybe he is getting the discharge papers ready' Seokjin thought. It had almost been twenty minutes since Namjoon went out to talk to Ju. 

"What's taking him soo long?" Jimin asked. "We just have to wait" Yoongi answered. Just as Seokjin decided to go out, Namjoon came back with sweat pouring down his face. 'Something's wrong' Seokjin thought.