16. We are there for him

"Right, so...umm...I knew him from high school, but he didn't. He was pretty popular back then. He was my junior, but I knew him because he was quite famous for being the most handsome guy in the school. 

He never let that get into his head, though. He was very polite and cute. I might have talked to him like three or four times. But I doubt he even noticed me. Anyways, after graduating high school and getting into college, I met Yoongi hyung. 

He was my senior. We became really close and started dating in my third year. His final year. Yoongi had two really close friends and he was happy with them and never made new friends in the college except me. One of them was Hoseok hyu-"

Seokjin gasped. "Right! Yoongi was pretty upset about Hoseok's death that day, right? I was too busy with Kook to notice anything else" he said. "Yeah, I know. That's why I'm telling you" Jimin said. Seokjin hummed and nodded. 

"The other guy was Namjoon hyung. The three of them used to have a lot of fun and none of them brought their boyfriends into their 'friends' time. So we didn't interact much. 

As far as I remember, they were chilling at a diner one evening when Hoseok hyung met Jungkook and they two of them hit it off from there. We heard about Hoseok hyung's new boyfriend, but we never saw him. That is until one day, when we decided to spy on their date."

"Ohh" Seokjin exclaimed. "Wait. You never met Namjoon hyung, right?" Jimin asked. Seokjin, who didn't connect the dots yet, shook his head. 

"I didn't meet any of you before that incident, remember? And Namjoon didn't come because he was affected too, right?" Seokjin asked. "Yeah" Jimin said, nodding slowly. 

"Anyways! I was pretty surprised to see Jungkook with Hoseok hyung. I saw him a few more times after that, and then I saw him again on......you know..... 'that day'" he said, air-quoting 'that day'.

"Oh holy shit" Jin said as his eyes started tearing up, remembering 'that day'.

"Yes, shit it was. I really didn't expect him to flip out like that. But I can't blame him, I guess. No one can handle that much pain. 

Anyways, today, after talking to him for a while, I realized that he still didn't get over Hoseok hyung's death" Jimin said, feeling very bad for the younger, who was talking with Taehyung in the room. 

"Yeah. He isn't over it yet. He still isn't even acknowledging his death. I don't wanna pressurize him into getting out of it. He was pretty much closed off until now. He is opening up very slowly and I am just letting him take his time. 

He has asthma too. It was fine before. But after 'that' happened, he started getting panic attacks whenever something reminded him of that incident, even if remotely indirect. Those panic attacks used to trigger his asthma. 

It is getting better now. He still has nightmares about those days, and wakes up gasping for air every single time. But it reduced nowadays. Even now he is shit terrified of rains and panics when someone mentions birthdays. He will be fine, I guess" Seokjin sighed.

"Don't worry about that hyung. We are there for him. We will take care of him. We will help him get out of it. God knows he needs friends to help him get out of it.  We will help him, hyung. Don't worry" Jimin said. 

The ringing of his phone prevented Seokjin from thanking him. 

"Hello?"
"Hey, Jimin-ah, they are here. We are getting the stuff. The bed is coming up first, so clear the way to the bedroom, baby"
"Okay, bye"

"Jungkook!! Tae!! Come out here, both of you!!" Jimin called out.