22. He needs to think

Seokjin, Taehyung and Jimin walked ahead to let the other three walk together. They wanted them to get comfortable around each other. They wanted Jungkook to actually feel free around Yoongi and Namjoon without having to teeter on the edge of having another panic attack. 

Seokjin knew he was being hard on Jungkook, but tough love is what works sometimes. Namjoon and Yoongi could clearly see that Jungkook was trying his best to not collapse then and there. 

He seemed close to combusting with all the thoughts that ran inside him. 

But this was a part of the plan, after all. They wanted him to move on from Hoseok and the tragedy instead of running away and hiding from it every time. 

Jungkook pulled his inhaler out every few minutes to take a puff from it and control his anxiety and breathlessness. It killed Yoongi and Namjoon to see the younger suffer soo much just by walking next to them. 

Soon, they reached the park. Yoongi let Jungkook sit on a bench and went after Taehyung and Jimin while Namjoon went after Seokjin. 

Yoongi decided to let Jimin and Taehyung play on the swings while he sat on the rod of a merry-go-round and watched the two of them enjoy. He couldn't help but feel proud that his boyfriend became so close to Taehyung in such a small amount of time. 

He honestly thought Jimin might judge Taehyung and was low key afraid of introducing them to each other. He now regretted thinking so low of his boyfriend and decided to make it up to him soon. 

He looked at Jungkook, who was spacing out on the bench with tears rolling down his cheeks. Even though they could feel their heart clench at it, they let it happen. They wanted Jungkook to think of the tragedy and try to get over it. 

Honestly, Jungkook always tried to escape the truth, trying to live in denial the whole time. Thus, he never actually let his mind completely process everything, making it harder for him to move on. 

So, even if it meant harm for Jungkook, they let him think about what happened to him. They wanted him to accept that Hoseok wasn't there anymore and that he was supposed to move on.

Yoongi sighed and looked back at his boyfriend, who was having a blast with Taehyung. 

Namjoon and Seokjin sat on another bench, away from Jungkook. The first thing they did was exchange numbers. 

"I can't believe you are actually single" Namjoon said. "What makes you think so? It's not like I am carrying a board around me saying 'I'm Taken' " Seokjin chuckled. 

"You are right. But you are too handsome to be single" Namjoon said, chuckling lightly. "Look who's talking" Seokjin said, making Namjoon go red. 

They stayed silent for a while before Seokjin broke it hesitantly. 

"So...umm.... if it isn't too early, can I ask you what happened to Tae? It doesn't seem like he was born blind" he asked. 

"You don't know what happened to him? I thought you would have known what happened to me and my brother!!" Namjoon exclaimed, clearly surprised. He thought Seokjin and Jungkook would have known what happened to them. 

"How would I know what happened to you?? We aren't related, are we?" Seokjin asked. 

"No we aren't, but given as Jungkook and I, both lost our dads in the accident caused by Jungkook's dad, I thought you would have known what happened to the opposite party" Namjoon said, his features morphing into a frown.