37. The big day

August 31st....... (*the big day*)

"Let's go home, baby. We will sort out whatever is bothering you" Hoseok said after trying hard to get his boyfriend to sleep the whole night. It didn't work, though. Jungkook didn't sleep the whole night. 

Jungkook simply whimpered at what his boyfriend suggested. "Okay, I will get you a coat. It's raining" Hoseok said, getting off the bed and going into the washroom. "You also freshen up. Let's go" he shouted from the bathroom.

"They aren't home. Did they go somewhere?" Hoseok asked as he parked his bike outside Jungkook's house. 

"Huh? I don't know" Jungkook said, standing outside the house, dazed. "Let's see" Hoseok said and took him inside. "Maybe they didn't wake up yet" Hoseok said as Jungkook walked into his parent's bedroom. 

There was no one in it. 

He was about to look into another room when he heard an ear-splitting scream from his boyfriend. He ran towards the living room as scream after scream followed. "HOBI!!!" he yelled as he rushed into the guest room. 

Jungkook froze. 

He couldn't process what he saw. He immediately blocked his mind from thinking further about the scene in front of him. He ran back to his room and locked his door. He was close to an attack, but stopped it in time and threw his inhaler into the laundry without thinking about it. 

He soon heard bangs on the door. "JUNGKOOK OPEN THE DOOR, WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?? PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR, I AM SCARED!!" Hoseok yelled. 

Jungkook opened the door and was immediately engulfed in a bear hug. 

"What's happening, Kookie? Did you already know about this?" Hoseok asked. Jungkook started shaking in his hold. 

"No, hyung. She cheated on my dad. I didn't think she would kill herself" he started sobbing into Hoseok's neck once again. Hoseok was crying as well. 

"Let's get her down. We have work to do, Kookie. Call your dad" Hoseok said, taking the younger into the guest room. 

"My dad's phone is switched off. He must have gone somewhere to cool off. Oh god, what do I do? What do I do? Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no" Jungkook started panicking. 

"Shhhh, relax. Breathe for me. We will get through this, baby. Don't worry. Let's do everything until he comes back. He doesn't even know about this yet" Hoseok said, looking into Jungkook's eyes and trying to get him to relax. 

"What if he spends the whole day in a bar? I wouldn't put it past him, hyung. That's what he did when Grandma died. He spent two whole days in some random bar......drinking, sleeping, waking up and drinking, and sleeping again......I am scared hyung......What if it's too late?" Jungkook asked, tears still rolling down his face. 

"Kook, you know that he goes to random bars. We can't even search for him. We just have to wait for him to come back on his own. Until then, let's arrange for everything. You have to stay strong, Kookie" Hoseok said. 

They called the ambulance. The paramedics declared her dead and left. 

They made the calls and other arrangements for the funeral, which was going to be held the next day as they hoped Mr. Jeon would return by then. 

Seokjin and his family came to Jungkook's house to provide support for him. Hoseok called Yoongi, who lived in Busan. Yoongi came to Jungkook's house with Jimin after realizing what situation Jungkook was in. 

He was still too young to handle all of this by himself, even though he had people around him. Hoseok decided to call Namjoon in the evening as he knew Namjoon was out on a date.