31. Problem in a nutshell

They heard laughter from the living room as they entered Namjoon's flat. 

"Tae! My darling!" Ju screamed as she ran towards Taehyung and hugged him. "I missed you! You never call me!" He croaked into her neck. "Aww, baby! I won't leave you the whole time during this visit, okay?" she said, receiving a grunt and a glare from Jungkook. 

"Sorry, what's wrong?" she asked Jungkook. "He's taken" he said. All of them gasped when they heard him. 

She stared at him for a while. "I am old enough to be his mother, kid. Don't let my face fool you. I treat him like my son. You really don't have to worry about that". 

She laughed and sat on the couch, pulling Taehyung onto her lap, while all Taehyung could do was grin like an idiot the whole time. 

"No, wait a minute! Kookie what the hell?"
"No, wait a second! Tae what the hell?"
Namjoon and Seokjin said at the same time. 

Jimin's eyes looked as if they would fall off their sockets and roll onto the roads anytime soon. Yoongi just stared at the two for a couple of minutes before sighing and settling on the couch beside Ju. 

"It happened in the mall. We are together now" Jungkook said, walking towards the couch and sitting on the other side of Ju. 

"Jungkook, you can't just throw a bomb like that on our faces and behave like you didn't just kill us!!!" Jimin exclaimed, still trying to get his eyes back into their sockets. 

Jungkook just shrugged. "See, I am a human being too and I am allowed to have feelings. So, don't behave as if-" "Okay, Jungkook, we accept it! We are not against it! Please! We are happy about it. Let's not talk about it now" Seokjin said, cutting everyone off. 

He knew that this was a very sensitive topic and that it was meant to be dealt with utmost care. To be honest, he was enjoying living with this new side of Jungkook and he didn't want him to lapse back to the way he was a couple months ago.

"Yeah, anyways, I am happy for you, Taebear" Ju said, placing two fingers under his chin and stroking it lovingly. "Thanks" Taehyung grinned at her. 

"Okay, so I want you to listen carefully, Joon. This is very important. Note things down, if you want" she said as Seokjin, Namjoon and Jimin settled on the other couch. 

"Wait a second. I will get a book or something" Namjoon said, getting up and going to their bedroom to get a notepad and a pen. 

"Okay, so first of all, the doctors are very experienced and the explanation they gave makes complete sense regarding everything that happened to him. You won't understand the science behind it, so I am gonna spare you all. 

But basically, the operation won't fail. I guarantee you. I am telling you in advance because you have to arrange the money. It is gonna cost 7 million Won. I can contribute 4 million Won from my savings without you having to return the money" she said. 

Namjoon tried to interrupt, but she stopped him immediately.

"No, listen, Joon. You both mean a lot to me. I am doing this because I think of you two as my children. Return the favour in some other way if you want to, in the future. But I am not gonna expect anything from you. You have to arrange the remaining 3 million because I don't have more to contribute" she said.

"Right. I will see if I can get extra shifts. I will try to arrange it" Namjoon said. "We will lend as much as we can" the other four said, bringing up tears in Taehyung's eyes. 

"You guys don't have to burden yourselves for me. We will arrange it ourselves" he mumbled. 

"He is right, guys. I will try my best to arrange it myself. Let's hope I don't have to take money from you all" Namjoon said, watching as Ju brought an arm around Taehyung and rubbed his shoulders. 

"Also, Ju, give the scientific explanation, it's alright. I will try my best to understand" Namjoon said. 

"Okay, so all this while Tae's eyesight was horribly blurry because of various reasons. But I will explain the most prominent one" "Okay" Namjoon said.

"First of all, as the impact of the accident was very harsh and sudden, his ciliary muscles lost the ability to contract and relax. Because of this, the light rays that pass through his eye lens don't really meet and form an image on the retina. This makes his vision very blurry. 

Usually, in these kind of situations, wearing a specs would help, as it would refract the light ray and make sure that an image is formed.

But the complication that arose for Tae was that his retina got slightly damaged due to the impact. Because of this, the retina could not detect the image and relay it to the optic nerve for the brain to interpret it. 

We didn't think the ciliary muscles could be fixed. Now, we are now gonna do an operation to fix these muscles and the retina. Then, Tae will be able to see properly again. 

By properly, I mean that the specs that he is gonna use are gonna work this time. His vision is gonna stay blurry. There is nothing we can do about that, but we can provide high power specs that works this time. 

And one more thing!! He should wear darkened glasses for a week after the operation for his eyes to heal and adjust themselves. But after that he won't be needing it coz his pupil will start functioning properly and do that automatically. 

Just that he shouldn't strain his eyes a lot. He will also have to wear spectacles depending on his power after the operation, which you can come for later." she explained, heaving a huge sigh at the end. 

"Okay, I kinda understood what you said. Don't worry, Tae. We will all be there with you the whole time" Namjoon said, walking towards his brother and hugging him. "Hmm....I love you too" Taehyung said, making Namjoon chuckle. 

"Okay, enough tension! Let's watch a movie" Jimin broke in and switched on the TV. "Only one movie, Sweets. We have work tomorrow" Yoongi said. "Okay, gramps" Jimin sassed, earning a smack on his arm. 

****************************

_finite_infinity_ 

That scientific explanation wala credit goes to my coujinnie again