27. A month

A month passed by within the blink of an eye. 

Namjoon hired a tutor for Taehyung to finish the last year of his graduation that got stopped due to the accident. Taehyung also started learning braille. Namjoon, Taehyung, Seokjin and Jungkook spent almost every evening together in either of their houses. 

Yoongi and Jimin joined them every weekend. Some of the nights, Seokjin and Namjoon slept together, leaving the other two to sleep in the other house. 

Most of the time, Namjoon slept in Seokjin's house so that Taehyung wouldn't have to sleep in a new place. Jungkook slept in the guest room of the Kims' house. 

Taehyung and Jungkook got closer to each other in the past month and Jungkook became more open around the others. 

He let his old self resurface again gradually, letting his shell slowly crumble down. He was getting attracted towards Taehyung, but did not dare encourage his feelings. 

Taehyung had no clue about the younger's feelings, but he felt nice being around him. It felt completely different from the way he felt around Jimin or Seokjin. 

Seokjin and Namjoon felt euphoric in their relationship. They truly liked each other and were doing their best to put all of their effort into it, without neglecting their other responsibilities. 

Seokjin was happy with the progress his cousin was making. As he had thought, Jungkook was indeed in need of friends. 

Just the other day, Jungkook played a stupid prank on him. Jungkook was a big prankster and loved pranking people. 

Seokjin couldn't describe how happy he felt that Jungkook was opening enough to be pranking again even though it was a shitty one. That night, Namjoon received the best blowjob he had ever received in his whole life. 

Yoongi had proposed to Jimin during dinner on their 6th anniversary. Jimin was a crying mess back then, but they let him handle the situation himself. 

After sobbing for fifteen solid minutes, he said "Do you even have to ask that? I am already yours, idiot!" 

They moved into a flat together a week after Yoongi proposed. They decided to get married in November, three months from then. 

................................

Jungkook and Taehyung were left at Taehyung's house as usual, as Namjoon had decided to sleep with his boyfriend. 

"Let's watch a movie. We can sleep later. It's a weekend after all" Jungkook said, pulling Taehyung with him onto the couch. He went to the TV and played Home Alone before joining Taehyung. 

This time, Jungkook placed an arm around Taehyung while Taehyung nuzzled into him. They were too comfortable with each other to cuddle without having to think about it. 

Taehyung rubbed his palm over the younger's hand. "How many tattoos do you have all over your body?" he asked. "I lost count" Jungkook said, playing with the skin below the Taehyung's chin. 

"Did you add anything else after we met?" Taehyung asked. "Nope. I got a better stress reliever...." Jungkook trailed off, nodding mischievously even though Taehyung couldn't see him. 

"What's that?" Taehyung asked, feeling curious. "Spending time with you" Jungkook said, increasing his pitch a few octaves to sound like a kid. 

"Hey!! That was cheesyyyy" Taehyung teased as he turned back and started tickling him. 

Upon receiving no response except for silent laughter, Taehyung got confused. "Am I tickling the right place?" he asked, looking ridiculously confused. 

"You are, but I am not ticklish" Jungkook said, shaking with laughter. "Nooo!! That's unfair!!" Taehyung whined, suddenly feeling two naughty hands on his sides. 

They switched the TV off as neither of them were watching it anymore. They decided to go and sleep. 

Taehyung fell asleep before he could even hit the pillow, but Jungkook tossed around for quite some time. He felt very uneasy. It felt as if it was going to rain and he was feeling scared. 

He couldn't go to Seokjin as they were busy doing the nasty. He couldn't go to Taehyung as that might weird him out. 

He decided to try hugging a pillow to sleep, hoping he wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night and hear the rainfall. After a lot of tossing and turning, he fell asleep. 

Taehyung was dreaming about his high school days when the ringing of his phone woke him up.
"Hello?"
"Tae? This is Jin"
"Oh. What's wrong, hyung?" he asked.

"It's raining, Tae! I am soo foolish, I completely forgot about it. Kookie is terrified of rains, Tae. It always reminds him of the tragedy. He always gets nightmares when it rains. Come out once, will you? I will give you his inhaler" Seokjin rambled.

"Hyung, chill! Calm down. I am coming out" Taehyung said and hung up. He felt his way to the main door and got outside the house and waited for Seokjin to come out. Seokjin came out with the inhaler and placed it into Taehyung's hands. 

"Please take care of him, Tae. He is really terrified of them. I can't believe I for-" "Hyung! It's okay! Leave it! I will take care of him. Don't worry! I will sleep with him today. You go and relax" Taehyung said and sent him in.

He went into the guest room of his flat. It took some time for him to reach the bed as he wasn't used to the layout of the guest room. He got into the bed and put his arm around Jungkook. He could feel him trembling in his hold. 

"Shhh, shh, it's okay, it's okay" he kept whispering to Jungkook while he proceeded to cuddle him. Jungkook relaxed a bit before falling asleep peacefully, thanking the warmth that was being provided. 

Jungkook woke up first and found himself in Taehyung's tight embrace. For the first time in two years, he could get through a rainy night without having to use his inhaler. He felt happy. 

He reached up to stroke Taehyung's cheek. He stayed in his position as he didn't want to wake him up. Also, a not so tiny part of him enjoyed being in his embrace. 

After an hour or so of Jungkook staring at Taehyung, Taehyung finally stirred and removed his hand from the younger's waist. He got out of the bed silently, thinking Jungkook was still asleep. 

He got into the washroom to brush his teeth when he suddenly felt a pair of arms around his waist. Jungkook rested his chin on Taehyung's shoulder and stared at his reflection in the mirror. "Thank you so much" he said, placing a small kiss on his cheek. 

Before Taehyung could react, Jungkook ran out the bathroom and sat on the couch without making a sound, as if he didn't just drop a bomb inside Taehyung's brain.

Taehyung spaced out for two whole minutes before processing what just happened. He quickly finished brushing his teeth and walked out to the living room. "Kookie?" he called out, but received no response. He pouted and walked into the kitchen. 

He felt insecure at this point. He knew he should have been feeling happy about what just happened, but he couldn't stop the waterworks, thinking about how shitty he felt for not being able to run behind Jungkook. 

He couldn't help but think about how Jungkook just ran away and did not respond to him. 'Is he regretting it? Did he go back home?'  he thought and squatted down, placing his head between his knees. He didn't like being in such a situation.

"Aigooooo, why are you crying??" Jungkook whined as he came running to Taehyung and kissed him on his cheeks once again. "I didn't mean to hurt you, hyung! Why are you crying? Do you want me to kiss your tears away?" Jungkook asked. 

"Shut up! Here I was, thinking you were regretting it. I am soo useless!" Taehyung sniffled. 
"No! You are not! You are my most special friend. Don't you ever say that" Jungkook said, hugging Taehyung.

"I am sorry for running away like that. I will make it up to you" he said as he took Taehyung to Seokjin's house.