26. The scar on his heart

"What are we gonna watch?" Jimin asked. It was almost twilight when they decided to stop playing and start watching a movie. "The Notebook?" Namjoon asked. "Nahhh! Let's watch 'Call Me By Your Name' " Taehyung said. 

He and Namjoon had watched the movie already, so it wouldn't be a problem for him. He would be able to visualize the scenes along with the dialogues he heard. 

Seokjin seemed to realize that, because he immediately pulled out the CD and placed it into the player. They got up to freshen up before settling to watch the movie.

Yoongi and Jimin settled on the floor in front of the TV while Seokjin and Namjoon took one of the couches, leaving Taehyung and Jungkook to take the other. "Guess it's us, then" Jungkook said, taking Taehyung with him to the other couch. 

Taehyung sighed as he sat there and closed his eyes. He tried his best to visualize everything that he heard. 

They were half way into the movie when he suddenly froze. Jungkook laid his head on his shoulder as he watched the movie. 

It seemed as if Jungkook was forcing himself to do this, as Taehyung could feel the stiffness in that touch. 

He could tell that the younger was basically trying to break his shell open. He felt happy for being the one that could help. He debated within himself for some time before bringing his arm up slowly and wrapping it around him.

.............................

Jungkook couldn't concentrate on the movie. 

All he could think of was the handsome guy sitting beside him, who, for reasons he could never understand, made him feel completely comfortable. 

He kept thinking about the warmth and support he had provided him back at the park. He also couldn't get the morning's events out of his mind. 

'It was me who started it, right? I guess it won't hurt to continue' he thought and placed his head on Taehyung's shoulder. Even though he convinced himself that it would be alright, he couldn't help but feel nervous about it. 

Was it too early? Should he just keep to himself? 

These thoughts revolved around his head when he suddenly felt a long but warm hand wrap around his shoulder. 

It made him feel safe. He felt like he could trust this guy. He felt like he could finally move on.

Move on from those thick ropes of his previous love binding him to those horrific memories. 

He quietly snuggled further into his arms and soon, Taehyung relaxed himself.

He would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy this new feeling.

 He knew all too well what this new feeling meant. Being in a relationship for about three years and loving that person unconditionally taught him a few things about these kind of feelings. 

Liking a person doesn't need much time, does it?

He wanted to push them away. He wanted to stay loyal to Hoseok. 

But a tiny part of him reminded him that Hoseok wasn't going to come back. That part made him feel like it was okay to move on. That it was okay to let go. 

He willed himself to try. He wanted to start again. A fresh start. 

A new start where he wouldn't forget what happened before. 

He would still love Hoseok with all his heart. But he was willing to let go and keep going on with his life. 

He was willing to give Taehyung a try. 'It won't hurt' he assured himself.