Chapter One- Sophie

My head shot up from its slouched position when Fitz walked into the telepathy room. I blushed, looking away from him, things had been extremely awkward between us since the break up. Could I even call it that? We were just taking a break, weren't we?

He looked away from me as well, glaring at the ground. Sir Tiergen stood, clearing his throat. "Your both early.  Wonderful, that means we can get started sooner. There is a lot I would like to discuss today, and not quite enough time." He immediately jumped into the lesson, explaining a new trust exercise. Each second felt like hours, between Fitz's glances at me and my echoing thoughts I got nothing out of the entire lesson. I jumped when sudden knock raptured on the door. I stood to open it, and Dex rushed inside grabbing me by the shoulders. He was sweaty and panting like he had sprinted all the way from the healing center. 

"Sophie, Fitz. You should come down- now." He gasped. His strawberry blonde hair was plastered to his forehead with sweat. "It's Keefe."

"What- what happened?" I stuttered.

"Elwin was just checking him, and suddenly he shot up- Elwin's freaking out, same with bullhorn. He told me to get you, and-" 

I stopped him, "Back the T-rex up," I flinched, remembering Keefe using the same line. "What do you mean he shot up?"

He took a deep breath, "Keefe is awake."

I froze for a moment, my breath catching. It had been months since our last fight with the Neverseen, when Keefe's mother had encased him in king Enki's throne. When the magsidian throne had melted off of him he was unconscious, and his thoughts were far away it seemed.

I pushed Dex out of the way, rushing down the halls. I used the energy from my mind to speed my sprint, my heart felt like it was on hummingbird mode. When I reached the Healing Center I froze. I stared at the door, part of me wanted to burst in, and the other part wanted to hide myself. What if Keefe wasn't okay? He may be awake but that didn't mean he was completely okay. 

I pushed the door open, sucking in a sharp breath. I clasped my hand over my mouth, trying to silence the sob that slipped out. Keefe was sitting upright, sipping from a bowl of soup. When he noticed me his usual smirk filled his face. I didn't care that he was still holding the bowl of soup, or that it might be hot. I ran to him, throwing my arms around his neck and knocking his bowl of soup aside. I sobbed against his shoulder, tightening my hold. He hesitated a moment before wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"Hey there, Foster." His voice was raspy from the weeks of being unconscious. I wasn't able to manage anything through the sobs. It was so nice to hear his voice again, it had been way to long. He tightened his hold, but it wasnt as strong as it used to be. I forced my eyes open, Fitz was rounding the corner. I pushed away, blushing. I wiped a tear away, blushing even deeper. Keefe's smirk returned, "Your really cute when you blush, you know." 

I looked away, Fitz's glare was scalding.  "Sorry. It just- I- Keefe-"

"No problem, Foster. It's been a while, at least thats what Elwin said. I don't blame you, anyone would do it. Pretty sure Ro wanted to hug me to. I am pretty awesome." Keefe smirked. Had missed his smirk, more then I was willing to admit. After weeks of him being unconsious it was nice to see it again, and to see his clear ice blue eyes.  

"You are."

"Aww, did the Mysterious Miss. F just call me awesome?" Keefe joked, making me blush even harder. 

"Don't make me regret it."

"Never, Foster."

Some how his smirk seemed... different. Sincere. And something about the way he looked at me. Finally I looked away, trying to ignore it. I was just glad to have him back.