Chapter 12 - Glimmer

A/N Okay, I will try to stop with these author notes, but just gonna say my friends wanted me to have this chapter from her POV. Also, this is a short chapter, but hey! Two chapters in one day! I'm proud.

They kept asking me questions, and I was getting more annoyed. They would ask about myself and I couldn't tell them. It was somewhat awkward with Tams sister, she wanted to know everything there was to know about me but I couldn't answer any of her questions. Not because the Neverseen didn't want me to, it didn't matter what they wanted me to do any more. I didn't have to follow their orders.

No it wasn't that, I couldn't answer many of their questions because I didn't know.

Who are your parents?

Do you have family?

Why did you leave the Neverseen?

And her most frequent one, with an obvious giddiness in her voice- What are your thoughts about Tam?

Tam was a hard person to read, he always seemed to be gloomy. But then again, I barely had seen him since the Neverseen. I was sure their had to be something else inside of him. I could tell he was protective of his sister, but that was all. He still seemed guarded around me, like if he let himself open up it would be the end of the world. 

I stared outside the window, admiring the bright view. I jumped when a voice cut through my thoughts.

"Why do you keep your hood up?" I turned to see Tam. "Wouldn't it better if we knew who you were? Then we could trust you."

"It doesn't matter."

"To me it does. I know I invited you to live here, but how do I know you won't turn on me and end up hurting Linh?"

I shrugged, "Because I'm not that type of person. Sure, Ive spent a lot of time with the Neverseen. But I do see their ways, I have always seen what they do. And I don't like it, thats for certain." I sighed. "Honestly, I don't know how to earn your trust, but I am not showing my face."

"Why though? How do I know I don't know you and you've been trading secrets all this time?"

I rolled my eyes, hiding a laugh. At least he couldn't see y face reddening from the effort. "Even if I had been, what would it matter now?"

"So we could know what secrets you told." He seemed to be scrambling for answers, and it was kind of adorable.

"Don't worry, Tam. You can trust me. Some day you will see that." I looked back at the window, keeping the hood as far down as it would go. I didn't care if he knew who I was, honestly. It was the scars. I had promised never to show my scars to any one.