Chapter 17 - Sophie

Keefe... loved me?

Okay, sure there was a small possibility he liked me a little. But love me? He made it sound as if he had for a long time, how could I not have known? Now that I thought back there were so many hints. The way he treated me, all of Ro's small hints. My mind flashed back to when Ro had died Iggy Ice blue.

It's a reliable color, and... impossible not to love. 

She had practically been shoving a sign in my face that said in big, bold letters Keefe loves you! How had I not known? It was so clear now. When he told me his jokes often weren't even jokes, especially with me I hadn't known what it meant but now... It had meant that every time he had said some ridiculous line about me it was true. I had thought that Fitz was the first person to say things like that to me, but all along Keefe had said it a million times over.

I wanted to smack myself for not seeing it earlier. With Dex it was so clear, but with Keefe nothing was clear. At first I had thought it was all a joke but I didn't have to be an empath to know he was telling the truth. 

I shook my head to clear my thoughts, looking across the room at everyone who was gathered. Havenfield had seemingly become the meeting place. The council, collective and team valiant had gathered in the main room. So did Grady, Edaline and Jolie. And Alden and Della. Everyone but Fitz. Me, Sandor, Keefe and Ro were the last to the party. 

Jolie looked pretty shaken, Grady and Edaline were supporting her. 

"Great. Now wheres Fitz?" Dex asked hurriedly.

"Fitz isn't coming." Biana replied. "He... isn't in the best mood." 

I quickly changed the subject, "What did Jolie remember?"

"It's best she tell you herself." Dex and Biana back up, and Jolie stood a little straighter. She was extremely pale, and looked somewhat confused. Everyone else fell silent as her gaze landed on Keefe. He shuffled his feet awkwardly.

"This has something to do with me, doesn't it? What does mother dearest have planned for me this time?" He crossed his arms, and looked anywhere but me. I tugged on my eyelashes, waiting for Jolie to speak.

She hesitated, "I don't know for sure, all I know is it bad. It has something to do with your new powers or something. Then there was something about your legacy."

Legacy had become my least favorite word, especially when it was used with Keefe. Whatever his mom wanted him to do, I didn't like it. 

"It also has something to do with Stellerlune, whatever that is."

"Stellerlune?" I choked out. I took a deep breath, "Did they give any hints on exactly what it may be?" I asked.

"No, except that it could 'change the world forever'. Do you guys know what this Stellerlune is? Where it came from? Anything?"

I traded a look with Oralie, "It is likely that it's one of the forgotten secrets. Me and Councilor Oralie have been looking into it, but haven't gotten anything so far." I looked back at Jolie, "It's also what put Keefe into a coma. It's suppose to, eh, give him new powers. We don't know what yet."

Jolie's eyes widened, "Have you ever heard of the forgotten powers? There more commonly known as the hidden abilities."

Mr. Forkles eyes widened in... fear? An expression I had never seen in his eyes. "You don't think..."

"They said something about a relation between Stellerlune and the hidden abilities." She took a deep breath, "Keefe may have one of the hidden abilities."