Chapter 32 - Keefe

I looked over to Sophie, she was staring at my old 'home' like it was the most interesting thing in the world. I reached over and grabbed her hand, gently squeezing it. 

"Hey, its gonna be okay."

She jumped slightly and looked over at me. "Yeah. I know." She said, her voice far away. She nodded absentmindedly. The worst part? I didn't know if it would be okay. According to my prophecy I died finding Kenric. And Tam was the one who killed me. But I had to be okay. I just had to. Sophies emotions rolled over me like a tidal wave.

Stress, anxiety, awkwardness? I had a feeling a lot of her feelings weren't about what we were trying to do. I let go of her hand. Of course, thats it. Now she knows I like her, and its awkward when I decide to randomly hold her hand. 

"We should probably get going. If we stand out here all day they will have enough time to hide him, and anyone else they might have in there." Fitz said, opening the door to Candleshade. We all walked in. We decided on a small amount of people.

Me, because I knew where to find him and it was my house. 

Sophie because, well, Sophie. 

Linh, incase Kenric had been injured (which he likely had) and so she could do what she had done with Wylie to help with the pain.

Tam came as well because he never went anywhere with out Linh.

Fitz, because him and Sophie are cognates. As he constantly reminds us.

Wylie wanted to come, but Linh had begged him to stay back. I was honestly surprised he listened. He has started to become more protective of Linh, not nearly as much as Tam, but still. The guy never left her side. Whatever was going on between them, I just hoped I didn't walk in on them in the middle of it. I had that experience two to many times. Blech.

I led everyone to the ---, Sophie clutched my forearm as we sped to the top of the tower. By the end of it she looked sick. We stepped out, Sophies death grip on my arm lessening slightly. We stood in the the hall for a moment, staring at the door on front of us. Kenric would be behind that door. He had to be. 

"Well? What are we waiting for?" Tam asked. I rolled my eyes, gripping the handle and twisting. As soon as the door cracked open, light blinded me. Then the soft feeling of being carried by light, swept me away. 

I blinked, as the light swiftly changed. Instead of the blinding white light, it was dark and dreary down here. I looked up and froze. We were in a completely new room, it had a salty smell and one door. One way out.

There was a long pathway behind us, leading to who knew where. So maybe two ways out. But knowing the Neverseen it was never that easy.

"Uh, where are we?" Sophie asked. 

"Beats me." I responded, observing the room carefully. I walked over to the door, examining it. I tried to open it. Locked. Of course. This was a trap.

"So I'm guessing this wasn't suppose to happen?" She shuddered.

"Well, I'm sure it was suppose to happen. I just don't think me or my father were the ones who wanted someone to be light leaped away to a random room in the middle of somewhere." I said, looking over to Fitz, Tam and Linh. Linh was pale, and looked confused and... dreamy. 

"You okay there Linh?" I asked.

"It's just... theres so much water in the air. And around us." She smiled, the look in her eyes far off. Sophie immediately pulled off her gloves and reached over to Linh. The expression dimmed, and she looked moron place. 

"Of course there is." A rich, easily recognizable voice said from behind me. I turned to look at the door again. "Hello there, Keefe. I see your better."

I glared at the woman, "Oh great. Mother dearest has decided to join the show." 

A/N So, just so you guys know, I will be writing another Fanfiction soon. It is the backstory of Oralie and Kenric! I will be posting the first chapter either today or tomorrow, if you guys are interested then please read! Love you all, bye!