Chapter 16 - Keefe

A/N Okay, just earlier today I was ranked 106 in Foster, but now I am at 53!! I can't believe it! Thank you guys for all your votes and comments!!

Sophie was leaning against me, her head on my shoulder. We had sat down on the small sofa in my room, and she had told me everything that had happened.

"You know the worst part?" She looked up at me.

"Hmm?"

"It felt like Dex all over again. When I kissed him and we both knew it wasn't right... I had the same feeling. And honestly, I'm not even sad about it just mad at Fitz for forcing it on me. Is something wrong with me?" The crease between her eyebrows deepened.

"No, nothing is wrong with you Foster." I said quickly. "Remember when I said our minds and hearts have different feelings? Well this is just and example of that. You thought you liked Fitz with your mind, but your heart was somewhere else." I explained.

"I just wish I could find where my heart is, then." She said, sighing. 

"You know, it just might be in the most unlikely of places." 

"Really?"

"Yeah, who knows. It could be Jensi." I joked. Sophie shot up, sending me her worst death glare. 

"Well, that would certainly be an unlikely place." She face palmed, but a small grin spread on her cheeks. Don't get me wrong, she's always beautiful, but I like it better when she's smiling. After a moment of silence, Sophie leaned against my shoulder again staring at my hand. 

"Keefe?" Her voice became small, uncertain. 

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Why? Why do you stay with me after all of this? Even Fitz can't handle it anymore. So why do you always stay and make sure I'm okay. I'm always the first person. Why?"

"I can't tell you that."

"Please, Keefe."

I sighed. I muttered my answer, hoping she couldn't hear. It came out muffled and quiet. 

"What?" She asked, grabbing my hand. I ran my other though my hair, making it even messier.

 I whispered the answer again, looking away from her.

"I still can't hear you." She giggled. I stared at the ceiling taking a deep breath.

"Because I'm in love with you." I finally said, "Because to me, your my entire world. Yeah, I get it. You don't like me. But honestly, from the day I met you I liked you then I actually got to know you and you are truly amazing, Sophie." I barely noticed that I didn't use her usual nickname, I stood up and started pacing. "Your perfect in every way, and I can't see one thing thats wrong with you. When you and Fitz started dating my heart broke, but I wanted you to be happy. I had to hide my feelings and I can't any more Sophie. I love you. Thats why I stay." It all came out in a rush. 

Ro was smirking, as if to say oh, you finally spilled the tea, huh? Took you long enough. I looked back to Sophie, she was staring at me her brown eyes wide. 

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. It's to soon-" I was cut off when I noticed my Imparter going off. We traded a look. 

I answered the hail, Dex's frantic face came into view. "You guys have got to go to Havenfeild now. Jolie remembered something, and it's gonna be a big game changer, and not for us. Let's just say, it's not good."