Chapter 6-Sophie

(A/N Hey guys, I know I promised an update a while ago but I had writers block, but I hope you like this next chapter :D)

I stared at Jolie, my heart racing. A sob raked through Edalines body, and the blood drained from Gradys face.

Edaline stepped forward, carefully reaching out as if touching Jolie would make her disappear. She stared for a moment, before wrapping her daughter in a hug. Grady joined, and for the first time I could see tears streaming down his cheeks. 

I could hardly believe it, Jolie was alive. The girl I had heard about since I had come to the Lost Cities. She was suppose to be dead, she had died in a fire years ago and yet she was here. She was easily recognizable from the photos I had seen of her.

Edaline backed up from her daughter, "How? How are you still alive? The fire... they said you were dead."

"The void. I conjured myself into the void." Jolies voice was raspy, as if she had a sore throat.

"How? Thats not possible, no living thing has ever gone into the void."

"I don't know, I was trapped and I panicked and suddenly..." She trailed off. Edaline had conjured stuff into the void before, but she had never said anything about being able to conjure a person into the void. I just figured it was impossible, and yet Jolie was there. Who knows, maybe the fire did something to her mind and she was simply just rambling. But if that was true, how had she gotten away? 

So many impossible things had become possible since I had come to the Lost Cities, but most of those things had to do with me. Now, someone who was supposedly dead was alive.I didn't understand.

"Uh, not to interrupt this whole family bond time, but am I the only one who finds it highly suspicious a dead girl shows up the same day I wake up from a two week a coma? Just sayin, thats kinda suspicious to me."

"He's right." I realized, after sixteen years she just happens to show up when Keefe wakes up from a near death experience? Not likely. The Neverseen had to have planned way to far in the future but they had done some pretty sophisticated plans in the past, who says they couldn't do this? "Maybe this is some plan from the Neverseen-"

Jolie cut me off, "No, well yes." She blinked several times. "There was a reason I came back..."

"Okay," Keefe said, "What is it?"

"That's the problem. I don't remember."