Chapter 33 - Linh

1.1k views guys!!! I swear, my computer is malfunctioning!! How is this possible! You guys are amazing and thank you so much for the frequent reads and votes!!

"Oh, Keefe. You should be much more exited to see your mother." Lady Gisela scolded, in her falsely sweet tone.

Keefe scoffed, "Right. You hear that guys? I should be exited to see the person who tried to kill me. Multiple times." He said sarcastically.

I could barely listen to the conversation. The pull of the water here was so strong, calling out to me like an old friend. Calling out for me to play. I shook my head, no. Just ignore it. Sophies enhancing was helping, but not quite enough. 

I looked over at her, she looked angry and very ready to inflict. 

"Ah, ah, ah, ah. I wouldn't do that if I were you." Lady Gisela smirked, "I'm sure you would agree if you knew." 

"Knew what?" Sophie snapped. Tam stepped in front of me, as if hiding me would do anything.

"That doesn't matter. What matters is why your here. I'm sure by now you have seen what your legacy has in store for you?" She turned to Keefe, raising a perfectly trimmed eyebrow.

"If seeing my death is what you call my legacy, sure."

"Death?"

This time Keefe smirked, "Yeah, I'm afraid if I die I won't be any worth to you." He crossed his arms.

"Well then, perhaps we will just have to keep you alive long enough." 

"Long enough for what?" Sophie snapped, her grip tightening to a death grip. 

"To win, of course."

"Yeah, well not happening." Sophie growled as Keefe grabbed her other hand. Her eyebrows furrowed together, and Lady Gisela barely had any time to move before what looked like fractured gemstones of fire hit her in the chest. It was almost blinding, but obvious what it was. Keefe and Fitz had described it, but it seemed more majestic in person. Sophie's inflicting. When it stopped, Lady Gisela still stood there her smile plastered on her face.

"Oh, Sophie. Didn't I tell you not to do that?" She said with a wicked laugh, she held up a crystal and glittered away. 

Sophie stared ahead, with an aghast expression on her face. Her inflicting had done... nothing. Keefe stared at where his mom used to be and Tam and Fitz were looking around as if she would just appear again. Thats when I heard it- and felt it. Water. I could hear it crashing, slapping as it hit its self. 

"Guys..." I whispered. They all stopped what they were doing and listened. The water was coming, and fast. That was why Lady Gisela had insisted Sophie not use her inflicting. When her inflicting hit... it must have triggered something to let the water come. 

I looked down the long hallway, before I could react Fitz yelled for us to run. Everyone else sprinted for the hallway. But I stayed there, waiting for the water. I knew what this was. That hall... had to be the only way out. But it was too long for us to get out in time. Unless... I had to stay. 

Tam looked back to see me concentrating on the door. Then the water came crashing through, breaking down the wall.

"LINH!!" He screamed, Keefe tugged him back. He knew what we- no, I, had to do. Him and Fitz pulled him along the corridor. I through my hands out, stopping the water. 

There was too much. I couldn't keep it for long, but it had to be long enough for them to get out. "GO!" I yell at him, holding back the water the best I could. There was so. Much. Water. I reached out, holding the water in place as they ran. I dropped to one knee, a bead of sweat slipping down my forehead. My strength was quickly diminishing.

I don't know how long I kept the water at bay, but I hoped it was long enough.

In that moment I realized, this would be the last time. The last mission, the last day to live. I would drown in here. There was no way to get out of it. I was going to die.

All at once my strength left me.

And it all

came

down.

Hey guys, I know, I know... You REALLY want to murder me right now. IM SORRRYYYYY!! Not really. This is the life of a writer. Being heartless. But please, please don't actually kill me. That would not be fun.