Chapter 19 - Dex

I'm baaaaaack!!! So, I know this is a short chapter but I will try to update more so you can get a little more today. ;) Love you all!

I couldn't help but stare at Biana. 

Wow.

That was all I could think. When I first met her I thought she was that perfect princess, perfect family everything. I didn't think she could handle a small rude comment. But now that I actually know her, I know she's not fragile. She was one of the bravest people I had ever met, and was not easy to break. I had to admire the way she seemed to show her scars proudly, and she didn't back down under the gaze of the councilors.

Oralie looked embarrassed that she had even suggested we were too young. "We don't underestimate you, we just worry-"

"Well, there is no reason to. We can take care of ourselves." Yeah. Defiantly not the fragile princess I had thought she was at first. "Please. Just tell us."

Oralie sighed. "I suppose." She looked to Emery, waiting for him to start.

"There are quite a few really. They may seem harmless, but are anything but." He started. "The first, and most common was the crushers. They could lift buildings, with out even breaking a sweat. Second, the shifters. They could change into any form they wished, as long as it was a living thing. Third, one of the most dangerous is the Absorbers. They absorb your power and can use it themselves. Then there is the Viewers-" Keefe snorted at the name, "They can see the past, present and future. The runners, could run faster then the speed of lightning, or even the speed of light. The tellers, could always tell when someone lied and often if they decided it could make them stop breathing if the lie was big enough. The realists could change what reality was or wasn't. And last, the most dangerous of them all, and rarest, was the disintegraters. Anything they touched would disintegrate, and if they had enough focus all they had to do was look at it. "

Every one was quiet. 

I could only imagine the damage done if there was no mercy or guilt to stop one from using their power for evil. Had the humans used their powers to try and destroy the rest of us? Was that why  we had hidden ourselves?

I had never actually met a human, besides Sophies sister and that was brief. I didn't know what they were actually like. I didn't know if any of this could have been a part of history. It was insane. I shuddered at the thought that they had become so mad they murdered the elves with it.

"And its possible Keefe has one of these powers?" I asked.

Jolie nodded, "More then possible. Almost certain. The Neverseen want to use those powers to turn him. They recall that the elves who had the forgotten powers lost their guilt, they could do whatever they wanted. They think if he has one of the powers he might turn on us and try to destroy everything good."

Keefe was silent, staring at the floor in concentration.

"But he needs certain genes to be able to carry the powers. How do we know if he has them?"

Suddenly Keefe looked up, his eyes wide. "Remember how mother dearest had a little experiment on herself and my father?"

We all nodded.

"Is it possible that could have done it?" He asked.

The councilors all nodded.

"But she didn't do it to me, she did it to her self. So the powers would have to have simply been passed down."

"What does that mean?" Linh asked.

"It means, she has the forgotten powers too."