Chapter 24 - Sophie

"Keefe! Breath!" I repeated, this time I transmitted it like a knife slicing through warm butter. After a moment his eyes shot open and he sucked in a large breath. 

I gripped his shoulders, relief flooding through me. Without thinking I threw my arms around him and hugged him as tight as I could.

"Foster... air..." He managed.

"Right, sorry." I said letting him go, his casual smirk was back. 

"Glad to know you care." He said as I pulled him into a sitting position.

"What happened? Are you okay? You just collapsed and..." I trailed off, looking away from him. "For a while you weren't breathing, and I thought we were going to lose you." I blinked rapidly to stop my tears from flowing. His hand cupped my cheek, and he turned my face back towards him gently.

"Hey, its all good Foster. I'm fine. Besides, you know me. I would not die from not breathing. It would have to be some cool, heroic way." His eyes met mine, and I had an overwhelming urge to lean forward and kiss him- wait what? No. Why would I want to do that?

Ugh why are emotions so confusing?

It was suppose to be Fitz I wanted to kiss. Sure, I now knew that Keefe liked me, but that didn't mean I needed to kiss him. Even if a small part of me really wanted to.

I laughed at his comment, looking down again so as not to be tempted. "Shut up Keefe."

"Oh please, you know its true." I shook my head, jumping when Mr. Forkle spoke. I had completely forgotten he was there.

"What happened, Mr. Sencen?" He asked, staring curiously at him.

He hesitated for moment, "At first I blacked out then there were these images that filled my head."

"What were they?"

A pained expression filled his face, "Uh, its best I show you." Me and Mr. Forkle traded a look, and I immediately stepped forward and pressed my fingertips against his temples. I raised an eyebrow as if to ask for permission. He nodded, and I easily pushed into his mind. 

I watched as Keefe talked with Kenric, then him being kicked off the cave edge. Then the tidal wave, and Fitz hugging me as we stared at... Keefe's wanderling. What did it all mean?

I shared the same images with Mr. Forkle, slightly confused. My mind kept going back to Keefe's wandering tree. When Mr. Forkle had seen everything, his face was pale.

"Im guessing you know what this means?" Keefe asked.

Mr. Forkle took a deep breath. "It means we know what you new power is."

"And?"

"Your a viewer."

"As in seeing the future Viewer?" I asked incredulously, that couldn't be. He had seen his own wandering, and he couldn't be dying anytime soon in the future! He just couldn't.

"I'm afraid so."

"If thats the future then..." Keefe hesitated. "Not only do I die but... that would mean..." He trailed off.

"Yes, Mr. Sencen. I believe it would."

Keefe's eyes went wide, and I stared between him and Forkle. "What are you guys talking about?" I asked.

"If we are correct, and we most likely are, Kenric is still alive."

I know, I know. It was a short chapter, and you guys may want to kill me (I would advise that you don't) But hey, if you do kill me you just won't be able to read the rest of it...