Chapter 22 - Sophie

A/N Sorry its been so long! I was camping so I couldn't update. Anyways, this is a short chapter but I hope you like it!

I had to be wrong. Maybe that feeling was just appreciation? Besides, love is a strong word. I couldn't possibly be in love with him. Sure, he was cute and sweet. And yeah he was a shoulder to lean on and it seemed he always had my best interests in mind. And maybe he made me feel like I mattered and that I could do something, and maybe I couldn't help but get butterflies every time he walked into the room-

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. Thank goodness Fitz wasn't here because if he had read my mind in that moment he would most likely think I was actually in love with Keefe. But that certainly couldn't be true. He was just a friend that happened to make me feel good inside. 

I groaned inwardly. Why did feelings have to be so complicated? Maybe sometime Keefe could help me sort them out- NO. Bad idea. Letting the boy who happens to be in love with you and you might possibly, maybe like back sort through your emotions? Horrible idea. I shuddered to think how awkward that would be. Ignoring the situation was the best idea right now. I would deal with it later, as in much later.

We decided to have Dex and Biana work on finding out more about the Forgotten Powers. We had hopes that some deleted articles or something could give us more of a hint on what we were looking at. Biana would also fill Fitz in on everything. When Wylie asked why I didn't just do it so I could give a fuller recap, me and Keefe simply traded a look. Me, Mr Forkle and Keefe would work on activating his powers. I didn't understand why I needed to be there, something about support? Everyone else would continue training as usual, including Team Valiant. They decided to add Stina to it too, much to the dilemma of everyone else. 

After everyone finally left, I went up to my room and laid down on the bed. I let out a long sigh, it felt as if today had been forever long. Was it only yesterday that Keefe had waken up? Technically the day before yesterday, seeing as it was two hours past midnight. With the whole Keefe and Fitz situation I honestly didn't know what to do. My feelings were so confusing. 

"Sophie?" 

I looked up at Jolie, who was standing in the doorway. "Hmm?"

"Mom said Vertina was in here, and I thought I would just say hi. I know its late, but she also said you don't really sleep well." I noticed how worn she looked, but I couldn't blame her. In two days she found out her fiancé was a bad guy before he died, she was supposedly dead, its been sixteen years,  her parents have adopted another child and that other child was friends with someone who might have a Forgotten Power. 

"Oh, uh, yeah. I moved her to that corner over there the other day. That way she doesn't criticize me overtime I walk by." I said absentmindedly. Jolie laughed, walking over to the spectral mirror. She turned it around so it wasn't facing the wall. While Keefe was sleeping, I had not been able to sleep at all and anytime Grady and Edaline made me come home Vertina would take one look at my shadowed eyes, greasy hair and rumpled clothes and laugh. 

I cant tell if Vertina screamed or cried when she saw Jolie. Maybe both.

Who knew a mirror could do that?