Chapter 13 - Sophie

Elwin had pretty much forced me to go home, claiming he had to do more to check up on Keefe. I leaned my head against the wall as I stared at the carpet. When Jolie had seen my huge room, she joked that I was the favorite daughter. My room took up the entire third floor, where as hers was only part of the second. 

I heard a soft knock on my bedroom door.

"Come in." I looked over to see Jolie. For being a dead girl she seemed to adjust quickly to life after sixteen years away.

"Hey, how are you doing with all this?" She asked, looking a lot like Edaline and a little... like me. I got it a lot that I looked like her, but now that I saw her I could see the resemblance much more. 

"Fine." I sighed.

"Really? Cause I have to say, having someone you never met but heard about come back from the dead is kinda weird." She laughed easily. 

I grinned, "Honestly, there have been some strange things in my life but that beats them all." 

"Like I said." She leaned against the doorframe. "But seriously, how are you doing with all this? Your boyfriend waking up, me coming back-" I cut her off.

"Wait, boyfriend?" I asked incredulously.

"Yeah, the boy that was in a coma. Keefe, right?"

"Woah, woah, woah. He is not my boyfriend."

"Really? That stinks, you two would be cute together. Is there any possibility of it happening in the future?"

"No way. I don't like him, just like he doesn't like me. Well, I like him but as a friend and he likes me as a friend but not the other way..." I trailed off, my cheeks growing incredibly warm. "Anyways, is that why you came in here?" I asked.

"No, I was just looking for something to wear. I have no idea where any of my clothes are. Mother said you were the same size as me. Do you think I could perhaps borrow a dress or two?"

I decided not to mention that Biana had taken most of her clothes. "Of course. Honestly you could borrow all of them." We laughed. I led her to my rather large closet, where dresses galore were hanging. 

"This is... a lot of teal." She said, "I take it thats your favorite color?"

"Uh, kind of. I guess. Take as many as you want, you can keep them. I don't use them because that would only result in a lot more Elwin visits. And not to mention a lot of teasing from Keefe."

Jolie turned her giddy gaze to me, grinning.

"He teases everyone." I quickly said.

"Right..." She said looking through the dresses. 

"Sophie?" I jump as Fitz's voice echoed through my room. I leaned out of the closet.

"Fitz! Hi." I said a little to enthusiastically. "What are you doing here?" He met me with a dazzling smile.

"I just wanted to see you."

Jolie poked her head out to, frowning when she saw Fitz. I completely stepped out of the closet and towards him, Fitz jumped back his eyes wide when he saw Jolie. 

"Y-your Jolie. My father said you were back and all... it's just crazy to see someone people always talk about." Fitz stuttered, making me laugh. I hadn't often seen him lose his cool.

"Yeah. And you are?" She replied, still eyeing him suspiciously. 

"Uh, Fitz Vacker."

"Ah, of course. Your a Vacker." She said it rather coldly, and I raised an eyebrow at her. What was her problem? 

"Is that a problem?" Fitz growled.

"No." Jolie said before walking back into my closet. 

"Anyways, was there a reason you came?" I said, awkwardly crossing my arms around myself. 

"Yes, actually." He took a step towards me. "Uh, can she hear us in there?"

"Jolie? Uh, I don't think so. Why-?" He cut me off.

"Good."

"Uh, why?" I asked increduosly. He smiled and stepped forward. 

"Becuase of this." He took another step forward, and he...

He kissed me.