Chapter 15 - Keefe

I froze when I looked into the room, and stared as Fitz moved closer to Sophie. When he kissed her, my heart sank. I didn't know what to do except stare. There Sophie was, her perfect wonderful self and she was kissing Fitz Vacker. My best friend. To say it hurt is an understatement. It felt as if someone was tearing a piece of my heart away, one piece at a time. 

Ro's eyes were wide as well, and she looked at me as if to say sorry.

Finally I forced myself to breath. "So, you made it official than?" I crossed my arms over myself, trying to hide the pain. The one thing that kept me together, the one person who actually cared... was in love with Fitz Vacker. Sure, I had felt that her mind didn't seem to be in sync with her heart, but that didn't mean it couldn't change. 

"Keefe- I- we-" She took a deep breath and sighed. "What are you doing here Keefe?"

"Elwin said I could go home but I thought I would visit you. Clearly your busy. I'll just come another time." I said turning away and rushing to her leap master. I barely heard her call after me, but what did it matter?

When I got back to Candleshade I ignored my father and stormed up to my room. I sat on my bed, watching as Ro came in. 

"Okay, so that didn't go as I had expected." She said.

"Oh, you didn't expect to walk I and see her and the Fizter kissing? I didn't either." I growled. Yeah, sure. I was being very unfair to her, but honestly right now nothing mattered. I ran my fingers through my hair messing up the style I had just recently gotten back then dragged my hand down my face. Of course. I had to walk in right as they decided to kiss.

"But, I mean come one. It could have been worse."

"Worse, how?" At that Ro fell silent. I groaned. "I don't know what to do, Ro. Yeah, I am crazy in love with her, but she obviously isn't with me. She might never be."

"Lord Hunkyhair, as I recall you once told me heart feelings and head feelings are different. I also recall you telling me what hers were."

"Well things change."

"What, did you read her emotions again? I can guarantee you didn't because you weren't even close to her, so how about you pick yourself up and bring back the Keefe we all know."

"You don't understand Ro. I have liked her for years. Sure, maybe I didn't realize it for a little while but it was always there. But to her its always been Fitz, and now she has him."

"But thats simply what she thinks she feels." She stopped talking when someone knocked on the door.

"Keefe?" Fosters voice echoed through the door.

Steaming Sasquatch poop, I had just ruined my hair. Ro smirked and opened the door, I sat straight again. "Whats up?" Sophie stared at the floor, biting her lip. Her emotions hit me in waves. I stood up. 

"Let's just say Sophitz won't become official for a long time." Her voice was steady, but she wouldn't look anywhere near me or Ro. I took a tentative step towards her, her emotions hitting me even harder. I held out my arms, and she quickly stepped forward wrapping her own around my neck. I wrapped mine around her waist as she buried her face in my chest. 

"You okay?" Sophie didn't respond. She just nodded against my chest, tightening her hold. We stood there in silence for a while before Sophie broke it.

"Do you think I'm too picky?"

I leaned back, staring at her. "Picky? Where did that come from?"

"Fitz said I was too picky."

"Well, what he said clearly doesn't matter, because honestly if he's thinking things like that he doesn't have anything in the mind of his." Sophie forced a small smile.

"So you don't think I'm too picky?"

"Of course not. Your perfect in every way, and if the Fitzter can't see that he doesn't deserve you."