Chapter 41 - Keefe

I stared at my old house, running my fingers through my hair. Yeah, I was a little nervous. After last time, anyone would be nervous. But I was almost certain this time it would be me. I may have had Tam and Sophie stay, but if things worked out as the future did I would be dead by the end of the night.

But at least I had finally kissed her. The girl of my dreams. 

If I had to die without that, I would have left this world unaccomplished. I smiled at the thought. For once her emotions made sense. 

Love. She actually loved me. It was hard to believe, but I had felt it myself. 

We continued forward, making our way to a vortinater then into the hall on the top floor. No light ambushed us, and I inspected the place the leaping crystal would have been. A familiar dust clung to the wall, a one time use. We split up, each of us checking a room. I walked to the end of the hall, opening the door. I gasped, Kenric lay in a curled up ball on the floor. I almost ran towards him, but hesitated checking round myself for a certain silver banged boy. He was nowhere to be seen. I ran to Kenric, tapping him on the shoulder. His eyes were empty in a way, but the rest of him was the same. Sure his hair was a little longer, but other then that... It was just the eyes.

"Kenric, come on. You gotta come before they find us." I stood up and walked a few feet away. I looked back, he was still in the same fatal position. "Kenr-" I stopped as something- or rather someone materialized out of the shadows. Before I could react, a sharp pain shot up my back. I gasped, looking down at my abdomen. Blood was staining my tunic, and suddenly everything seemed so much heavier. A strangled scream came from the doorway.

Sophie.

My knees gave way. I looked up, seeing Tams dark hair. His glare was piercing before he light leaped away. Before I knew it Sophie was at my side, pressing panakes petals into my wound and forcing it into my mouth.

"Foster..." I managed.

"You gonna be okay Keefe. Just hang in there." She said desperately.

"Foster... It's no use..." I gasped for air, "We both knew it would happen..." I could taste blood in my mouth, "Foster... Please stop... It will be okay..." 

"No, Keefe, We're gonna get you to Elwin, I swear!" She choked up, pressing her hands to my wound. 

"Sophie... Just let it happen..." My vision was starting to get blurry. 

"No. Keefe, you have to make it." She sobbed, pressing harder. "Team Foster Keefe always finds a way. Always." She said pulling more petals out.

I grabbed her frantic hands.

"Foster... this time...there is no... there is no way..." It was getting harder to breath, and my vision became even more blurry.

"NO!" She yelled, "You have to make it. For me Keefe." 

"Foster..."

"Keefe. Please." She hugged me, holding me close to her body. 

"I..." I took another shuddering breath. "I love you."

Then it became impossible to talk, I could barely hear Sophies reply.

"I love you too Keefe." Her voice turned to a whisper, all hope gone. "Once this is all over..." She gulped. "Once its all over were gonna be happy, okay? Me and you. Me and you Keefe. It has to be us. Team Foster-Keefe." Her grip on me tightened, and her tears fell onto my own cheeks. My entire body went numb.

If Sophie was the last thing I saw, I would be okay with that was my last thought.

Then everything went black. 

Still trying to emotionally recover. I have to say, this was the hardest scene out of the entire Fan fiction to write. I was trying not to cry as I wrote. My mom keeps saying its me thats writing it so why am I sad? Well, truth be told, writing a story makes you know the character and love them so much more. So this was a hard chapter especially cause its Keefe... And Keefe is perfect.