Chapter 51 - Keefe and Sophie

A few things.

1. This is the last chapter. Many things happen, but I hope you like it. 

2. This will be the longest chapter yet. It may be double the size of others, maybe more. After all, this is the finale

3. This is my last time saying it, I swear! If you want an Epilogue comment and I will write one. 

4. Thank you guys for all the views! Now, here is your long awaited finale chapter.

Keefe POV

I stared at the mountain ahead of us. I heard it said that you may have to move a mountain to obtain your goal. In our case, we had to destroy a mountain- or rather, what was inside of the mountain. I looked around myself. If this was the end, so be it. But we were not going down without a fight. 

I clutched a goblin throwing star in each hand. Panakes petals filled the pockets at my ankles. Callas tree had nearly been stripped, while everyone had some of the petals in a pocket.

There would be injuries, and there could be deaths. But we had to do this. I turned to the large crowd. 

Elves, ogres, goblins, dwarves and gnomes stood together. No longer did we stand divided, but we stood as one. We stood as one to defeat the Neverseen. I stood at the head of it all, My friends all standing with me. Dex held onto one of Biana's hands, and they both stared ahead. Wylie stood with Prentice who had grown stronger, Tiergan on his other side. The rest of the collective stood defiantly, with the councilors alongside them. Even Oralie looked fierce. 

We had done everything we could to prepare. Several technopaths had gathered and made gadgets that did several things. Bombs, tasers, smoke bombs, etc. The flashers had come together to add distraction, while shades and vanishers hid a majority of our group so the Neverseen would underestimate us. We only had time to plan for a few hours, but it had to be enough. We even went to the Forbidden Cities finding the more effective smoke bombs, and several other tools.

I stared ahead again. Fitz stepped forward. "So this is it, eh?" He asked, staring at the mountain. "No more secret missions, kidnapping etc.?"

I sighed, "Yeah. If everything goes according to plan." 

"It'll have to." Fitz claimed. "We cant afford to lose any longer."

I took a deep breath. No more hesitating. I looked back at Dex. "Send the signal."

---

Sophie POV

Breathing was becoming hard to do. 

My emotions were getting hard to control.

I just wanted out.

Soon. It had to be soon. 

When Keefe fell I for sure thought he was dead, until I saw him on Silvenys back. How did Silveny know where we were? She must have heard my call and traced it back here. I couldn't be more proud of the Alicorn.

I decided not to bring attention to the fact he was alive. Perhaps he would get some help. I knew he wouldn't leave me behind, Keefe would never leave another person behind. 

The cloaked figures didn't move me, they just left me where I was. Even Gisela left, leaving me staring at the rock walls around me and the ocean crashing hundreds of feet below. I focused on my breathing. Hours passed, and the sun began to dip under the mountains in the distance. 

As soon as the sun was hidden, a loud whistle was heard. It was faint, and a loud boom sounded afterwords reminding me of human fireworks. Soon, a loud cheer was heard. My head snapped up. The cave shuddered, and I looked around. Was this another trick of the Neverseen? If they were trying to trick me into answering, it wouldn't work. It shuddered again, and I steadied myself against the wall. Bombs. The door snapped open, and the two cloaked figures forced my shivering body inside. They were none too gentle as they forced me inside, several other Neverseen members collecting around us. Two more bombs went off.