Epilogue

I accidentally had that as prologue for a while XD

There were some points I didn't know if I could possibly have a happily ever after. 

Things were just so confusing.

But after all of this... I actually survived. Not only that, but I got to be with the boy I love more then anything in this world. I sometimes question how I could have been so oblivious, and how I never realized how much I cared for Keefe. But what matters, is eventually I gave in. And I am so glad I did.

Its been six years since we defeated the Neverseen, and things have gone... mostly back to normal. Although now there was a little bit of awkwardness between me and Fitz, we were able to keep our Cognate relationship happy. Oralie had left the Council, in order to get married to Kenric.

As for Keefe and I? Well I suppose we just might have found our happily ever after.

I watched as Kenric gave Oralie another twirl around the dance floor. My eyes turned to Dex and Biana who were laughing at the snack table, holding hands. Wylie looked happier then usual, but I suppose thats to be expected at a wedding.

Oralie looked beautiful in her white dress, and Kenric was defiantly gooey eyed over her. Nothing could separate them from each other. 

I looked up at Keefe, who was behind me. His eyes were glued to me, a sappy grin on his face. He bowed low, "May I have this dance, m'lady?" 

"Why of course, good sir." I said with a grin, taking his hand. He placed both arms around my waist while I placed mine around his neck. His grin was sappier then ever, and he looked almost... nervous? He kept glancing at Kenric and Oralie, then Dex and Biana, then Fitz. After one final glance at Fitz, he gave a thumbs up with a big cheeky grin. The band stopped playing in the middle of the song. Everyone stopped dancing. I looked around in confusion. 

Oralie turned Kenric to look at me, her grin big. After all, she had just gotten married. What wasn't to be happy about? Though her grin seemed even larger then it previously had been. 

"Uh, whats going on?" I asked.

Keefe bit his lip. Yep. Defiantly Nervous. Since when was my Lord Hunkyhair nervous? "Well, uh..." He trailed off. Suddenly, he pulled me towards the stand. Everyone stared at us. 

"Keefe? What are you doing?" I asked.

"You'll see." He said with a wink, and a nervous smirk. He turned to everyone that was staring at us. "Um, hi." Everyone stared at him, confused. Everyone, that is, besides Team valiant, Oralie, Kenric, Grady, Edaline, Jolie, Alden, Della and Fitz. Keefe awkwardly laughed, "Well, I'm not very good at speeches, so Im gonna get right to the point. I wasn't going to do this tonight, seeing as its Oralie and Kenrics night, but someone insisted." He said, with pointed look to Oralie. Every one laughed. He took a deep breath and turned to me. "You all know Sophie Foster. Moonlark, Girl who saved us all etc."

"What are you doing Keefe?" I mumbled, my cheeks on fire.

He pulled me closer to him. "But to me, she isn't merely that. She's the women I love very much."

A few awws were sounded through out the crowd. Another deep breath. "I mean, everyone loves her, but to me, she's my Foster. And, in all truth, I would do anything to be with her. Even if were a bad match."

"Keefe...?" 

"Even, maybe, trade a nickname." He joked, though it almost sounded like a question.

"What?" 

"What I'm trying to ask," Keefe bit his lip even harder. "Is if you would be willing to give up being Foster?"

"What do you mean?" I was utterly lost and confused.

Fitz leaned forward and stage whispered, "It might help is you kneel."

My eyes widened as everyone laughed. Keefe smirked and placed one knee on the ground. I clasped my hand over my mouth. 

"My question is, will you, Sophie Foster-"

"Yes!" I practically shouted.

"I didn't-"

"Its a yes." I said, pulling him up before he could even respond and throwing arms around him. He laughed, picking me up and spinning me around in his arms. He put me down with a wide smile. 

"I dont know if Ill be able to stop calling you Foster though."

I grinned, "Thats okay."

With that I kissed him.

So we would get our happy ending.

After all, thats how every story should end. Isn't it?

And this was defiantly a happy ending.

THE END

For real this time...