Chapter 11 - Biana

*This is suppose to be just after Jolie came back, Sorry for the confusion*

I sighed as I stared at the lake, crossing my arms over myself. I shivered as I thought over everything. What were the Neverseen planning? The question kept running through my mind. I sighed, letting my hair blow around my face.

"You okay?" I jumped and turned around to see Dex. 

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, just thinking." I answered, Dex came over to stand by me. I looked back at the lake, holding my arms closer to my chest.

"You've been doing a lot of that lately." He said, focusing on a spot in the horizon. I looked up at him, I hadn't realized how tall he had become these past few months. His strawberry blonde hair had also grown longer.

"I suppose I have." Looking back at the water. "Theres a lot to think about." I shrugged.

"I guess thats true." He said quietly. We stood there in silence a moment.

Finally I broke it, "Fitz said Keefe is awake. But he said no visits, something about him needing time." I said it calm, but I remembered when I first heard. I had wanted to rush right over and see if he was okay.

"Uh, yeah. I was actually there when he woke up. I was trying to help Elwin with something and he kinda just shot up."

"Oh." I said awkwardly. "Do you know why he isn't taking visitors?"

"Pretty sure he is. Sophie was there all day yesterday." 

"Why am I not surprised?" I laughed. Okay, maybe it was bad I kinda expected her to be with him. My brother really liked her, and he's trying to get her back. But still, I couldn't help giggling at the thought. Sure I should be mad at her for spending time with another boy, but they would be so cute together! What a horrible sister I was.

Dex laughed to, "This is Sophie we're talking about. A friend gets hurt, and she's there all day and all night. That's just how she is."

"Especially with Keefe." I smiled. If Fitz knew my thoughts about it, he might strangle me. And if Keefe knew he would say some flirty comment to Sophie. And if Sophie knew... I stopped myself.

"Isn't that true?" It came out as more of an answer then a question. I shrugged. 

"Funny how things change, isn't it?" I said after a few moments of silence.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, when Sophie first came here everything was so..." I searched for a word.

"Peaceful?" Dex supplied.

"Yeah, and now we never know if were gonna make it through the next day. The council has changed, both rebellions have changed. We've changed." I sighed. "There were so many things I thought I wanted before Sophie came, and now... I don't want any of them. I want completely new things I would have never expected a few years ago. I wanted sparkles, and diamonds and Keefe." I cringed. "But now I want completely new things. I don't want to be the pretty girl I used to be, I want to be the kind of girl that could save someone-"

"Wait a minute, you used to like Keefe?" Dex looked like he might laugh, though at the same time he almost looked... jealous?

"Mark the used to." I said forcing a smile down.

"Okay..." He hesitated, "So who is it now?" He asked.

"Uh-" I was saved from answering when my Imparter went off. I looked at it, receiving the hail. 

My fathers anxious face showed up. "Biana, where are you? Come in now, we've made a, ah, discovery. Is that Dex? Bring him with." He gave me no time to reply.

"Uh, okay." I looked at Dex as his face disappeared. I shrugged and we started running towards the house.

"What do you think it is?" Dex asked when we arrived at the house, out of breath.

"I don't know, with us it could be anything. Maybe its something for Team Valiant." I suggested, pushing open the back door. My parents were already gathered, Fitz was here to. He was sulky- as usual and scowling at everyone. Which was also usual recently. Ever since we found about Alvar he had become very distant and his anger problems got worse. Before Alvar I thought his anger issues could use some working on but now, I was kind of frightened of my brother.

My dad stepped forward, "Ah, good. Your here. We just got word from Grady and Edaline- Jolie is alive."

I know, that wasn't much of an ending cause you already knew but I had to end the chapter somehow.