Chapter 23 - Keefe

Just so you guys know, I look at every comment and appreciate all of them! Don't be a silent reader ;) 

Also, Please don't kill me.

The next week was somehow boring and crazy. And incredibly awkward.

I think Fitz officially hated me, and Sophie just didn't know how to act around me. There were a few moments our hands would brush and her cheeks would flame. I read her emotions a few times, and every time a slightly familiar emotion was there, but I couldn't tell what it was. At the same time, she seemed so much more free. Ever since her and Fitz had that fight its like she decided she can be her own person. I don't think she realized how much he was holding her back.

It was getting more and more frustrating with the whole power thing. We could not figure out what to do to activate it. We had tried some really weird things, I know, I know. You think you want detail. Believe me, you don't. Some of the things were... weird.

Finally, after the sixth day of trying over and over I broke down.

"We're getting nowhere with this." I growled. "We are only waisting our time. I say, let it happen when it happens."

"Keefe, you know we cant do that. Most powers don't simply activate, something has to trigger them." Sophie said, leaning forward. I rested my head in my palms, suddenly dizzy.

"Well maybe time will trigger these ones!" I groaned into my hands.

"Mr. Sencen, we must remember-" Mr. Forkle started.

"Remember what? That my mother could have some of these psycho powers to? And that shes already a murderer and this will simply make it easier for her? Theres a lot of things to remember!" I had meant to stand, but instead my legs gave way making me collapse. Then everything went dark. 

At first the images came slowly, then started speeding up.

My wrists were and ugly purple green color, an aching pain spread from my left leg. I looked around myself , everything was bleak and gray. It looked like... a jail cell. When I looked to my left I recognized a face.

"Kenric?"

He whipped his face towards me, "Mr. Sencen, right?"

"How are you alive?" 

Before he could answer the image changed again. I was in a cave, kneeling on the hard ground. the bruises were gone, but when I looked up my mother was there. Her eyes bore into my soul, then her foot came up, kicking me off the caves edge. Then I was falling, faster and faster. Somehow, my shirt was disintegrating. 

It changed again, all my friends were around me. Sophies grip on my hand was fatal. Then a tidal waved crashed around us. I quickly curled into a ball, taking Sophie with me. I threw my hands around both of us, as if to protect us from the water. But it never came. Instead, sunlight came through my vision. 

Fitz was hugging Sophie as tears streamed down her face. Sobs raked her body as she stared blankly infant of her. She was wearing a green dress, and when I looked around I realized we were in the wandering woods. A slender wandering stood before us, slender but strong. The dark leaves had silver flowers entwined with them. 

I looked to the right of that tree to see another. This one was slightly crooked, with yellow leaves that were everywhere. Ice blue flowers peeked up from behind the leaves, and when the wind rustled through the leaves it seemed to sing a mournful song.

That wasn't just any wandering.

That was my wandering.