Chapter 48 - Sophie

Five more chapters guys... and maybe an epilogue if you want it.... I'm gonna cry... You guys have all been so loyal.... Okay enough with the cry fest. Time to read.

Days must have passed. Weeks even. It was hard to keep track. I had almost gotten used to the constant pain in my head. 

Gisela continued asking me for questions, but I wouldn't answer. Her threatening did nothing to change my resolve not to answer. She brought several others in, through a door in the rocks. I knew my wrists would have scars, not just because of the rope. She had barely grazed my wrists and yet, it seemed they had decayed around the edges, giving me a sight that made me queasy. By now the chair I had been on was completely decayed, and I sat on the floor. There was no way for me to run though. I was in far to much pain. Most of my days were spent being questioned and being stuck in a daze.

"I won't tell you anything." I said through my swollen mouth. 

Gisela leaned away from me, silently staring at the waves below us. "Your becoming to much of a problem Miss Foster." She knocked on the door that was hidden within the rocks. Two hooded figures came out, each taking one hand. 

I knew what I had to do at this point. I didn't want to. But I had too. I focused as they dragged me towards the door. 

Over the past few days, I had been able to focus enough to get a small transmission through the device. I collected every bit of me that I could, pulling from every ounce of my body. I had to do this. I couldn't leave my friends wondering, they had to know.

They had to know that Sophie Foster wasn't going to make it home.

Sing swan- I hesitated trying even harder this time. Spring swan, then lets fly. Follow the pretty bird across the sky. Call swan fall swan then lets rest, tucked in the branches of your quiet nest.

The transmission seemed to go everywhere and nowhere. Finally, I collapsed as the neverseen dragged me through the door. I didn't have enough energy to fight. 

They dragged me to another cave, almost identical. Why did they have to bring me to another cave? They left me alone. This cave was larger, but otherwise the same. I could barely focus on the details, my ming was to hazy.

When the Neverseen came back, they held another figure in their arms. Something was familiar about the body, but their face was covered in a dark bag. They forced the person to their knees. The person was obviously male, with rips and tears through out their clothing. He grunted. 

"You see," Gisela said as she stood beside the boy. "I have a very good reason for you to answer my questions. You know in the end we are just going to kill you either way. But that doesn't mean we don't have a bargaining chip." She pulled him to the edge of the cave. 

"Don't." I mumbled. I didn't know the boy, but I couldn't let him die. "Please. Just let us go." The boy stiffened at my voice.

"Then answer our questions." Gisela said, as if it were so simple.

"You know I can't." 

She smirked, looking uncannily like Keefe in that moment. "I think we have exactly the bargaining chip." She pulled the bag off the boys face.

I stared. 

And stared.

I knew that face.

His messy blonde hair, ice blue eyes...

"Keefe?" I said through a strangled sob.

He met me with a forced crooked smile. "Hey there Foster." 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

KEEFE IS ALIVE!!!!! Im sorry I might just be freaking out a little bit even though I knew this would happen... Any ways- y'all should love me now