Chapter 30 - Keefe

This chapter is dedicated to kaelarosier because she created the cover page, and has always been there for me! She deserves the Best Sister Ever award!

I stared ahead. I was at... Candleshade? I easily recognized this as the top floor, a floor I rarely saw. I scanned the room, stopping as I looked at the far corner. 

Kenric.

He stared back at me, his expression blank. 

I took a step forward, but gasped as a sharp pain blared through my back. My knees gave out as I searched for air. I crumbled to the ground, my vision blurry. A familiar figure stood above me, holding the knife that had given me the wound. He was in a black Neverseen cloak, but the hood had fallen down revealing his face.

No... He couldn't have... He wouldn't...

I could barely keep a coherent thought as he ran away, only to be replaced by Sophie. She stuffed panake flowers on the wound and into my mouth. But it didn't matter. I was already gone.

I gasped for air, shooting up from my collapsed position on Sophies flower laced carpet. In doing so, I nearly hit my head against Sophies. 

"Keefe?" Sophies face was flushed and panicked. "What did you see? When you went down you started thrashing and mumbling 'not him, not him.' What did that mean? Who is him?" The questions came out like cannonballs, each one faster then the next. 

"I... I saw where Kenric is." Was all I said.

"And?" She asked desperately. 

"Candleshade. Top floor."

"What?" She asked increduosly. "How?"

"I don't know, but think about it. No one would expect it, my dad is never there anymore and Alvar hid there fine. It could just as easily be a prison. Also, no one wants to go to the top floor." I said, still avoiding the other thing I had seen in my vision-prophecy thing. If Sophie knew who my murderer was... She can't. She would lose all control if she knew. 

"We should call everyone in. We need to go as soon as possible." Sophie was already at her door, and turned back to me.

"Of course." I said, half heartedly.

"What's wrong?" She asked, freezing.

"Oh, uh, nothing."

"That wasn't all that was in it, was it?" She finally asked. I nodded, hoping my look would keep her from asking. She seemed to get the message, and smiled at me. "Just know you can trust me with anything.

I smiled back, "I do Foster. More then you think." She stood there a moment more. "I- I'll be down in a minute. Just need to think." I stuttered.

"Of course." With that she left the room, pulling out her imparter. I took a deep breath and leaned my head against her bed frame. I could not believe he would do that. 

He hated me, but I didn't think he hated me that much. But if it was him, that meant we had a trainer in our midst. Unless... Unless that was farther out. Maybe he wasn't quite yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was. He hadn't been the same since I woke up and I knew exactly why. Or, at least I thought I did. 

But now, there was still a possibility that he was still with the Neverseen.

The only we had found in our research was that everything I see is correct. There is no possible way to change it. If that was true..

If that was true it meant Tam Song would be my murderer.