Chapter 45 - Sophie

Lots of stuff guys!

One. I am SSSSSOOOOOOO sorry I haven't updated in forever. I had cousins over the first week, then I went to duck creek, (I honestly dont know how to explain where that is so I'll let you figure it out) Then I had authors block these past few days. Anyways, enough with the excuses. I am so sorry!! You are probably wanting to murder me with the whole... Fitz thing...

Two. 2,684 reads as of today. How is that even possible you guys!?!!?! Do you have any idea how much I freaked out?? AAAAaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! You guys are literally the best! (Sorry if I like totally freak out every time I realize how much views I have! Its just a crazy amount I never expected to have.

Three. Oh. My. Gosh. Have you guys seen the unlocked book cover?? It is so stinking cool. I love how it shows places she's been and all. I have always wanted pictures of Fox fire, Havenfield etc. I wish either Keefe or Dex was on there, but honestly I love that she's alone. It is so cool! Any one else hoping for some art of the councilors to come out with the new book? I know I am!

Anyways, I will let you guys read the fanfiction now. I just needed to spill all my thoughts XD

Love you all!

"Can you believe the guy?" I practically yelled, pacing the floor. "He tried to make his move on me right after Keefe died! LITERALLY OVER KEEFES DEAD BODY!" (Just gonna say, one of your guys comments gave me that idea, thank you whisperofaflame! I didnt even realize thats what happened...) 

Sandor sighed, "Yes, as you have said the past twenty five minutes."

I groaned. "I can't believe it. I mean, Fitz is a nice guy, but shouldnt he realize I'm still healing?"

"I dont think he knew about your... relationship with Mr Sencen." Sandor supplied. I simply sighed and stared out the window. I wished for some other emotion besides regret, pain and anger. That was all I had felt ever since Keefes death. I was sick of it. I just wanted to do something, instead of playing on the defense, play on the offense. I wanted to win. And I knew just where to start. In the place it all began.

I froze. 

I could get in trouble for it, but if I could find anything about the Neverseen, I would take any risk. Even going to the forbidden cities.

I was going back home.

---

I don't know how I got out without Sandor noticing. Perhaps I didn't. Perhaps he knew, but didn't stop me. But why? I decided not to dwell on it as I ran across the pastures. I put as much energy as I could into the sprint, making my way to the cliffs.

But I didn't even need to get to the cliffs. My sudden adrenaline had pushed me to go faster then I thought, even before I reached the cliffs my scenery changed. I came to a halting stop, trying to steady my breathing as I stared at the museum. That was where Fitz had found me years ago. I quickly shook out of my stupor and ducked behind a building. I cursed myself for forgetting an obscurer. How was I suppose to search the area thoroughly looking like this? 

I wore a casual white tunic that almost looked that a human thing, combined with leggings and tall boots. It seemed casual enough, except for the regent cape I was wearing. It was certain to attract a few peoples gaze's. I bit my lip, hesitating before ripping the cape off. I searched around myself, finding a gap between the trash can I was hiding by and the rain gutter.

I would have to come back for it later.

And if I couldn't... hopefully I could get a new one. 

I stuffed it in the gap, hiding as much of the shimmery color as I could. I rushed out of the alley, shivering. I made my way up to the museum, stopping at the doors. Closed. Why would it be closed in the middle of the day? I frowned, tugging on the doors as if it would somehow make the museum open again. I groaned, turning around. 

It shouldn't have mattered. The Neverseen didn't even have anything to do with the whole museum incident. Except for the fires. I frowned, taking a deep breath. I walked down the steps, following the path Fitz had chased me on. If I could only find a clue of where the Neverseen fit in... If I could simply find a dent in their armor. 

I found the road whereI had first used my telekinesis. Did they have anything to do with that? Nowadays I really didn't know.

I knelt beside the lamp post. It had been repaired, no dent or anything was apparent. Maybe it was an entirely new lamp post. I stood, letting myself flashback to that day. If only I had known just how crazy this all would be. Just how drastically my life had been changed that day.

Suddenly, a sweet smell filled my nostrils as a clothe was pressed against my lips. I immediately recognized the sickening smell. Sedatives.

I fought against the arms gripping me, kicking and thrashing. I held my breath, not willing to submit to the sedative again.

Everything grew hazy the longer I held my breath.

When I finally took a deep breath, everything became darker...

And darker...

Until it was pitch black.