Chapter 44 - Sophie

Okay, the picture above is just a quick painting of Keefe's and Linh's Wanderling trees, but like I said- quick. so they aren't very good, but there you go. And yes, its sideways I couldn't figure that out. Love you all!!

If Keefe was there I would have smacked him. I let out a small snort, not able to believe him. Only he would worry about his hair when he knew he would be dying. 

I suddenly stood up, and walked out of my room.

"Where do you think your going?" Sandor asked, as I made my way up to the leap master.

"To see Keefe." Was all I said. Sandor followed me, it must have been somewhere around midnight when we leaped to the Wanderling Woods. Sandor waited at the gates, but I made my way to where Linhs Wanderling was. I knew Keefe's would be right next to hers. I froze when I saw it. Everything abut it just screamed Keefe. Just like in his prophecy, it was crooked, with leaves the same blonde as his hair. Ice blue flowers were sprinkled throughout, with the same shine his eyes had. 

I placed my hadn't against the crooked trunk, but no more tears slid down my cheeks. Even if I wanted to I'm not sure I could force a tear out. My tear ducts stung, completely dry from my crying. I sat in from of the tree, staring at it for what felt like forever. 

A twig snapped behind me and I snapped my gaze from the tree to the teal eyed boy who stood behind me.

"Fitz." I said, almost absentmindedly. He came over to sit beside me.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

I groaned. "Why does everyone ask me that?" I asked quietly, defeated in a way. "Not very good if you must know. But no one is. We lost Linh, then we lost Keefe. Kenric may not even be alive. So, yeah. Not very good." I grumbled quietly. Fitz reached over and grabbed my hand. I flinched, wanting to pull away. I never thought I would feel that with him, but now...

"Things will get better Soph." With that he pulled me into the most awkward hug ever. My entire body tensed, and the blood drained from my face. I wanted to push him away so bad, but I was scared. Of what, I have no idea. 

Was he trying to move in on me? I frowned. I hadn't told him my feelings yet...but now it was no use. Keefe was gone. But I didn't feel the same about Fitz that I used to. I pulled away and Fitz frowned. "Whats wrong?"

"I'm sorry its just..." I hesitated then took a deep breath, "It's like you expect us to go back to normal. We had this big fight, and now your trying to make your move. You totally ignored my requests for time, and your acting like its nothing. Don't you see a pattern there Fitz? Its not going to work if you keep on going like that." 

"It has to work though!" He said taking my hands, "I mean, come on. Your Sophie Foster, the most powerful elf in the world. I'm a Vacker- either way its a perfect match. Don't you see? It will work." He leaned forward, but I pushed him away and smacked him before he could kiss me- although he was far too close. The sound echoed through the silent grove. Fitz stared at me, stunned.

"We cant try to make it work Fitz! We already have. I know you want us to have the perfect life, and be the perfect match- but its not going to be that way Fitz. Just..." I sighed and turned away from him, "Just please don't try to force it." I walked away, finding Sandor outside of the Wanderling Woods where I left him. We light leaped to Havenfield before Fitz could chase after me.